PDA

View Full Version : Introduction, and new to panic.

Sinlessorrow
21-04-16, 17:12
Hey everyone. I'm new to all this, but I know having others who share similar issues can be helpful so here I am.

I'm 27 and from Texas. I've always suffered from minor anxiety in different situations, but it has never been a serious issue until this week.

It all started Monday, I went and did my normal workouts that I do for my upper body. Pushups, pullups, curls, and bench press. I was fine all this day, and at night went to bed.

So during around 4:50 am Tuesday morning I wake up with excruciating pain in my chest and of being woken up by a pain I'm not accustomed to scared me.

So I stayed up worrying the worste that I had somehow had a heart attack.

So I get into the doctor on Tuesday and he looks at me for a while, asks a bunch of questions and looks at my prior medical history and just doesn't see any way it could have been a heart attack.

So he prescribes me some anxiety medicine and I go home.

So Wednesday comes and I'm feeling anxious today and constantly psyching myself up that they missed the heart attack, so of course I end up in a full blown panick attack.

Burning chest, nausea, tingling sensation in both arms and my heart rate was around 140. So I call my wife who talks me down and am able to slow my heart rate to a manageable 80-90 and she gets me back in to my doctor(she knows it's not a heart attack).

So we waited about 20 minutes to see the doctor, during which time I got my heart back to 70-75.

Doctor sees me, my blood pressure was healthy, they ended up doing a EKG on my heart and it came back perfect, they do blood work(still waiting on the results).

However my doctor went ahead and got me on Zoloft for my panick attacks.

So that's my story, first full blown panick attack was terrifying and of course I still mentally worry that the EKG missed something and we should have done a stress test and had me run a treadmill, but I know it's just in my head.

venusbluejeans
21-04-16, 17:19
Hiya Sinlessorrow and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: