PDA

View Full Version : My worse days

Happyga
21-04-16, 17:58
Actually I not sure how bad is my anxiety right now. But it seem to be like getting worse.. I first having my attack when I was 22 & I'm 28 (female) now. Went to see psychology before but I can take it the side effect of the med so I decided stop taking anymore. Past few year everything seem to be controllable even my psychiatrist say so too.. But thing starts to change recently.. I start chest pain went to ecg X-ray test maybe on last December results out doctors said everything is okay.. But till now I still having chest pain everyday.. Keep feeling breatheless and numb on my head... I can't control my temper, I get irritated easily.. I feel Nausea even when I just woke up haven even started to eat anything yet.. & Noise pollution also will irritate me.. When I go places wif a lot of crowd I will also will have Social anxiety.. Does anyone have such problem too??? Please help...

netminder1976
21-04-16, 22:22
Yes!! Just doesn't seem to be getting better for me either. My mind is constantly thinking about panic attacks and anxiety. If I'm not having a panic attack or anxiety, I'm thinking about having a panic attack and anxiety. You are definitely not alone here. Feels good to actually talk about it to others that can relate.

Holds1325
21-04-16, 22:37
What you're feeling is what is most commonly known as anticipatory anxiety. The anxiety is chained on and on throughout the day leading to that panic attack you fear. Its a terrible cycle, the whole time you're just worried that you're going to freak out and the worst will happen.

One way I've dealt with my anticipatory anxiety is to welcome it, bring it on, if I flip out or panic, fine, I've done it several times in the past right? Panicked and got scared and I'm still standing. Practicing that takes time but it works.

Distraction, planning fun, maybe exercise and sticking close to NMP here also helps.

Ive been through it all and I came out fine, it'll get better though I promise.

Happyga
22-04-16, 05:47
Yes!! Just doesn't seem to be getting better for me either. My mind is constantly thinking about panic attacks and anxiety. If I'm not having a panic attack or anxiety, I'm thinking about having a panic attack and anxiety. You are definitely not alone here. Feels good to actually talk about it to others that can relate.

Trying to make myself better each day... Although it's really a tough job:scared15:

---------- Post added at 12:47 ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 ----------

What you're feeling is what is most commonly known as anticipatory anxiety. The anxiety is chained on and on throughout the day leading to that panic attack you fear. Its a terrible cycle, the whole time you're just worried that you're going to freak out and the worst will happen.

One way I've dealt with my anticipatory anxiety is to welcome it, bring it on, if I flip out or panic, fine, I've done it several times in the past right? Panicked and got scared and I'm still standing. Practicing that takes time but it works.

Distraction, planning fun, maybe exercise and sticking close to NMP here also helps.

Ive been through it all and I came out fine, it'll get better though I promise.

I now try to plan fun and exercise just started hope times will get me out of those hard day.. I can't even work properly right now... :weep:

Holds1325
22-04-16, 15:35
The anxiety wants you to focus on it, its like a bully almost, its helpless and wants attention.

Sometimes I tell people to look at anxiety as something separate from themselves, a little annoying creature standing there, trying to grasp onto them and say things like, you know you're going to have a panic attack. Its helpful to just laugh or think, yeah so what? It'll keep saying it louder YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK? Yeah? let it come to me then.

Pretty soon this little annoying creature known as anxiety begins to shrink until finally you can't even hear it anymore.

So the trick is to just not let it get to you. I know the feelings of doom, fear and even anger are hard to ignore but just feel them and work eventually your brain doesnt even care about the anxiety and slowly begins to function as it should, focus as it should and soon enough you'll forget you were even anxious.

It takes time, practice and patience but it will get better regardless.

Happyga
22-04-16, 18:18
The anxiety wants you to focus on it, its like a bully almost, its helpless and wants attention.

Sometimes I tell people to look at anxiety as something separate from themselves, a little annoying creature standing there, trying to grasp onto them and say things like, you know you're going to have a panic attack. Its helpful to just laugh or think, yeah so what? It'll keep saying it louder YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE A PANIC ATTACK? Yeah? let it come to me then.

Pretty soon this little annoying creature known as anxiety begins to shrink until finally you can't even hear it anymore.

So the trick is to just not let it get to you. I know the feelings of doom, fear and even anger are hard to ignore but just feel them and work eventually your brain doesnt even care about the anxiety and slowly begins to function as it should, focus as it should and soon enough you'll forget you were even anxious.

It takes time, practice and patience but it will get better regardless.

I tried it before.. Let it come.. But maybe my brain don't works well wif me... And I will give up and started to panic whole day... Even if they are gone I still will afraid when will be de next attack coming again.. The more I afraid of the more they come.. i seriously hate those feeling... :weep::weep::weep: but still lucky I found Tis forum to share my story & try to gets more help frm others at least I know I'm not alone...:hugs:

Holds1325
22-04-16, 20:49
The anticipatory anxiety is rough but its helpful as a reminder that yes a panic attack might come, but so what? Let it come.

That takes practice though so be sure to practice that each day, take time to yourself in a quiet dark room alone, or it can be lit if the darkness makes you anxious. Then just simply try and bring it on. This is the beginning of training your mind that you do not fear panic attacks. If the panic does not come then just start thinking of the things you are grateful for. Practicing that at least once a day for 20-30 minutes really begins to help after some time.

Even now that I got over my panic disorder I still do find time to do this as its great to exercise it anyway.

netminder1976
22-04-16, 21:22
Happyga, you sound like you could be typing for me. Everything you say is EXACTLY how I feel. I too been panicking all day , usually it subsides some but today it won't leave me alone. I recently read a book about a guy and that he named his anxiety.. I named mine Mr. Brownstone, like the Gun's N Roses song, only my Mr. Brownstone isn't heroin, it's anxiety.... And he won't leave me alone!!! Hope you find some comfort in knowing that you definitely aren't alone and there are others like me that feel your pain. Let's both be less panicky today.

Happyga
23-04-16, 10:26
The anticipatory anxiety is rough but its helpful as a reminder that yes a panic attack might come, but so what? Let it come.

That takes practice though so be sure to practice that each day, take time to yourself in a quiet dark room alone, or it can be lit if the darkness makes you anxious. Then just simply try and bring it on. This is the beginning of training your mind that you do not fear panic attacks. If the panic does not come then just start thinking of the things you are grateful for. Practicing that at least once a day for 20-30 minutes really begins to help after some time.

Even now that I got over my panic disorder I still do find time to do this as its great to exercise it anyway.

I'll try and practice hopefully I can get it over... 😊😊

---------- Post added at 17:26 ---------- Previous post was at 17:12 ----------

Happyga, you sound like you could be typing for me. Everything you say is EXACTLY how I feel. I too been panicking all day , usually it subsides some but today it won't leave me alone. I recently read a book about a guy and that he named his anxiety.. I named mine Mr. Brownstone, like the Gun's N Roses song, only my Mr. Brownstone isn't heroin, it's anxiety.... And he won't leave me alone!!! Hope you find some comfort in knowing that you definitely aren't alone and there are others like me that feel your pain. Let's both be less panicky today.

Let's work tgt and kick the attack off🤔🤔🤔

netminder1976
23-04-16, 23:27
My panic seems to have its peaks and valleys, I definitely don't like the peaks. Do you have periods that you aren't panicking?

Happyga
24-04-16, 20:18
My panic seems to have its peaks and valleys, I definitely don't like the peaks. Do you have periods that you aren't panicking?

Actually ever since I had my panic attack started till now i nv felt a period tat I wasn't panicking already... 😞😞😞😞😞

netminder1976
24-04-16, 20:29
I went years without any ,then 1 popped up and ever since then it's pretty much been downhill. Doctor put me on 10mg prozac which I started 5 days ago and each morning and afternoon seems worse each day... Evenings is my best which is why I stay up so late because I don't want it to end when I wake up at f not before.

Happyga
25-04-16, 19:30
Now recently I keep feel super nausea keep feel like vomiting arghhhh!!! Seriously don't know watt gg on.. It makes me more panic