PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety burn out?

Butterfly22
21-04-16, 19:42
I'm suffering from the following symptoms and wondering if I'm experiencing some kind of burnout, I'm exhausted, have muscle weakness feel like I'm shaking when I move, have nausea at times, generally feel un well and run down, and weirdly I'm hungry all the time even after a meal? Any help appreciated x

Seffie
21-04-16, 22:56
Hi Butterfly all sounds like nervous exhaustion type symptoms to me but obviously we can't diagnose on here so if you haven't already get checked out by your doctor just to be sure. If you read some of my old posts from 2006-2010 you'll see I suffered from this. Anxiety is exhausting, you then worry about it which exhausts you more!
Lots of people on here suffer from varying levels of fatigue and it can also make you feel quite ill too.
Take care
Seffie

Butterfly22
21-04-16, 23:13
Thanks, I'm just very puzzled about being hungry all the time

LiamRoseic
22-04-16, 08:54
You should for sure get seen by a doctor but that does sound like what it is.

rubynoodles
22-04-16, 09:12
I have this too and its really stressing me out - I feel weak yet still have strength, shaky, panicky and tired and my muscles feel achy as though I have done weight exercises.

yodascat
22-04-16, 13:07
Definitely anxiety. I always feel pretty run down, exhausted and nauseous. I've also been getting recent infections, I suspect this is largely partly due to my anxiety suppressing my immune system.

Seffie
23-04-16, 16:59
Well if you're anxious your body will be using up a lot of energy which is why you're exhausted and in order to replace the lost energy you need to eat, so I'm guessing that your blood sugar is low which triggers feelings of hunger?!
Just my opinion, please get checked out properly if you haven't already.

mnaha
23-04-16, 19:19
I'm suffering from the following symptoms and wondering if I'm experiencing some kind of burnout, I'm exhausted, have muscle weakness feel like I'm shaking when I move, have nausea at times, generally feel un well and run down, and weirdly I'm hungry all the time even after a meal? Any help appreciated x

Could be low blood sugar as suggested but I am guessing acid generated by your stomach causes a gnawing in the gut feeling .The reason I know what you are feeling is that I too am experiencing unusual hunger even after eating I am still looking for something ,although it could just be nervousness making us hungry all the time. I am exhausted to and nauseated and muscle weakness and well shake when I wake up sometimes so guess its not that odd. The hunger I am feeling feels like my body is craving something but not quite sure what.

ankietyjoe
24-04-16, 19:15
Definitely something I'm dealing with too right now. The hunger could be digestive issues that feel like hunger. I have myriad stomach issues with this bout of stress/anxiety I'm going through at the moment. Stomach always grumbling but in my case I'm finding it difficult to face food at all.

mnaha
24-04-16, 19:36
Stomach Acid. I get it everyday and I usually don't eat but lately I have been and probably gaining weight from it because it makes you feel hungry all the time but on here I see this mentioned a lot .

Butterfly22
24-04-16, 20:10
I am getting checked out on Wednesday hopefully we can solve the problem and I can feel better again