PDA

View Full Version : It's been a while - HA Scare

Anxiouscow
21-04-16, 21:08
It's been a while since I've posted on NMP. Partly because I've been seeking CBT, partly because I've been taking Fluoxetine, and partly because I've been feeling really good in myself.

However, lately I've had really swollen lymph nodes in my neck, and of course, my lymphoma worries have returned. I don't have a sore throat, which is one of the reasons I've been worrying about lymphoma. I went to see my GP who gave me a blood test to check for Glandular Fever, which came back negative. When I push them they feel hard, but they do move. Sometimes they are painful to touch, and sometimes they aren't. They generally go down with ibuprofen, but sometimes they don't. It's really confusing. They haven't been getting bigger so I can take heart from that.

Should i go back to the doctor?

.Poppy.
21-04-16, 21:46
Glad to hear you've been doing better, generally!

Lymph nodes are tricky. Did your doctor feel them? Did he seem concerned?

I have a couple that are just permanently "up". One under my jaw/chin and another behind my ear. Doc's not concerned and I've had them so long it's doubtful it's anything serious.

I think lymph nodes can be triggered by a LOT of different things as well...not just a sore throat. For whatever reason your body's saying "something needs to be fought here"...could have been as simple as forgetting to wash your hands and picking up a super minor bug!

Try not to worry too much and give it time before you question your doc again. And don't prod! It'll just make them stay up even if they want to go down.

xx

Anxiouscow
21-04-16, 21:53
No, they said "no sign of lymphoma." Which made me happy for a moment, but then, as you know, anxiety creeps back in and I think "what if."

Holds1325
21-04-16, 21:55
Lymph nodes go up and down sometimes for no reason at all. Sometimes theyre swollen for awhile and then go back down. Its just your body working 99% of the time.

Trouble swallowing? Did the doctor do a physical exam? CBC?

I once had a swollen gland on the left side of my throat for a couple months, freaked me out, but it eventually went away.

I've had the lymphoma scare as well, and every once in awhile when Im in a high stress environment I STILL to this day have to stop myself from feeling my neck.