PDA

View Full Version : Think I just realized what's causing this. Should I go to emergency?

Raerae91
22-04-16, 06:41
5 days ago I ate some food and while I was eating I felt some of it go down the wrong pipe, it went towards the right near my windpipe. I tried coughing uncontrollably and even tried to make myself vomit so it would be removed, nothing came out. I didn't think much of it and thought it would just go away on its own but felt sharpness every time I swallowed. Fast forward 2 days and I feel short of breathe, have chest pain and severe acid reflux, my immediate thought was "oh great, something is definitely wrong with my heart or lungs" woke up the next day and I had severe sharpness in throat and was coughing a lot with phlegm, felt like I was going to cough up a lung. Went to the doctors and they just said, "sounds like sinus problems" and suggested nose saline and sent me on my way. Well now here today, here I am throat near windpipe feels scratchy constantly and I'm coughing a lot with mild chest pain. Don't really know what to think, I'm just scared I'm going to suffocate on this food particle or it's going to cause me to get pneumonia because it is in my trachea but can this really stay in there for 5 days? It wasn't a huge piece of food I can't believe I still feel it, I talked to a nurse over the phone and they said, It could just be GERD but the scatchiness is so intense I feel like if it goes further down I might suffocate :(

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:21 ----------

Showing all the symptoms of trachetitis which if not treated can cause airway obstruction :(