PDA

View Full Version : Dentist

Fedup79
22-04-16, 10:14
Ok so been having toothache for few days so have emergency dentist appt at lunchtime.

Im petrified they are going to tell me i have some huge infection that is travelling around my body (bloody google). Pain feels like its in my cheek and up my nose. My anxiety is telling me its big c and im freaking out.

Rationally i onow this is unlikely as ifit was traveling around my body id have fever, sickness etc etc.

Beckybecks
22-04-16, 10:35
It would take much longer to poison your system. I've seen people with the whole side of their face swollen from infection because they've left it so long. They were given antibiotics and were fine a week later. The main thing is that you're getting it sorted now so that it doesn't get any worse.
I hate the dentist too. I'm absolutely petrified. But I look at it this way....it's only a half hour in the chair, an hour maximum. What's an hour out of your day? And then it's over, you feel better. Relief!

Fedup79
22-04-16, 13:40
Thank you, had 3 xrays taken all clear, although sorest tooth is sitting right at the sinus. Im know in a panic that itsa brain tumour or tumour in my nose that is pressing and causing the pressure type feeling in my nose. Jaw hurts and ears feel blocked and bit sore. Also have lump in back of neck ive been putting down to stress (been there a week, quite large and soft but no one else can really feel it) Trying not to let the anxiety take over but oh my god its so hard. So so scared

Beckybecks
22-04-16, 13:59
Toothache can radiate all over the head, so can sinus pain.
If you're anything like most of us with HA then you will find one symptom taking over from another and often not even giving you time to take a breath.
What I usually do is try to reason with myself (!). I say, 'right if this symptom is still here in a week, I'll consider seeing the doctor about it'. Then I ignore it for a week. Most often it disappears...... I also get on with work, go for a walk, etc and then ask myself 'if you were seriously ill, would you have been able to do all of that?'

Fedup79
22-04-16, 14:19
Yeah ive been trying to do so, i feel awful though because ill let it consume me and break down in front of my wee one (also petrified things are serious and something happening to me and leaving her) Im a night time grinder so dont know if this could all be interlinked aswell. Ive got an appt with my dr (got me through pnd and anxiety) next week so going to discuss everything with but so hard. Ive not had a cold or anything recently so dont know if it could be sinuses :/