PDA

View Full Version : Hey All

LostNotFound
22-04-16, 16:41
Hello everyone.
I found this forum through google searches relating to health issues.
I see a lot of people on here are just like me, dealing with anxiety and panic.

I have been suffering from debilitating panic and anxiety attacks for about three years now. Sometimes they come at random, sometimes they are situational. It all began one morning when I woke up, heart pounding, nothing but an intense feeling of fear, and death. I was dizzy, and couldn't see just right. I had sort of a green haze over my vision. I ended up driving for 2 hours to try and calm myself down, but to no avail. My mind was spinning out of control. Now, I am not a weed smoker, but I have tried it a few times. This panic attack kind of felt like an incredibly intense high from weed, coupled with crippling paranoia. It felt like I could hyper-focus on every sound, twitch, heart beat, and breath my body made. I have never fully recovered from this incident those few years ago, and I am now living in a dream world 24/7 ever since that day,despite being able to manage actual full blown panic attacks.

I hope I can be of help to people that are going through this like me. I have found ways that I cope with panic and anxiety attacks, through distraction methods until they pass. I sincerely hope someday we can all be anxiety and panic free.

venusbluejeans
22-04-16, 16:49
Hiya LostNotFound and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
23-04-16, 17:30
Good afternoon LostNotFound. I was reading your story and understand where you're coming from. The intensity and strange focus on your breath, heartbeat, and so on makes for some interesting days. The one piece of advice I will give is make sure there are no physical reasons for your symptoms.

My story is, I suffered from psychological issues for a long time not physical issues. But in recent years the symptoms have manifested themselves into real physical issues. So it is important to rule out one or the other. The thing with psychological issues is that they "usually" are temporary in nature. In other words, the shortness of breath or rapid heartbeat are only temporary.

The thing is be mindful of the why, what, when, and how's of what is happening. Not so much to avoid trigger situations, but to become aware of what causes them. Best to you, NMP is a great site. It has and still helps me.