PDA

View Full Version : Bowel cancer fear :(, bowels don't feel empty after going

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 18:53
Hey,

I'm 20 years old and have suffered with anxiety for the last 8 years and had on and off stomach cramps mainly constipation, mucus and bouts of looser stools in the past. I've never been diagnosed with ibs as I've never been to the doctors about it.

This past 3 days I've had a severe bowel cancer scare I feel like when i go the toilet it doesn't feel like I'm completely empty even though I can't get anything out if i strain hard i can get something out but I don't want to do that I'll proper pull my stomach muscle or something. I have had the occasional mucus in the past with gas and sometimes passsing mucus I've only seen bright red blood in the mucus probably once about 5 months ago I've never seen it on wiping or in the stool it self ever.

this making me really scared and stressed out just feel s***, I went just and had some mucus on wiping clear mucus then i managed to squeeze a bit out that was when i was straining hard which is not the best thing to do.

But it still feels like There's something still there, it might be my drinking aswell I've only been drinking coffee mostly haven't had water or juice in the day for sometime which probably isn't healthy.

Can anyone help calm me down :(?

mlc2010
22-04-16, 19:06
my gastro said to me, its highly unlikely you would have bowel cancer, especially if issues have been ongoing for some years and not got worse

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 19:17
yeah I might be worrying for nothing still scary af tho :(

Holds1325
22-04-16, 19:30
Hows ur diet? These sound all like classic IBS symptoms. Constipation causes that if you aren't getting enough whole fiber rich foods. Also not hydrating properly, sitting down alot causes that.

I wouldn't be concerned really.

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 20:11
Hows ur diet? These sound all like classic IBS symptoms. Constipation causes that if you aren't getting enough whole fiber rich foods. Also not hydrating properly, sitting down alot causes that.

I wouldn't be concerned really.

Not the best if I'm honest :( always been a picky eater I gag on most fruit and veg the only veg I eat is carrots, potato etc and sitting down yes I need to get out more I think Im on the computer allot. How can I intriduce more food into my diet?

Holds1325
22-04-16, 20:28
Simple, just grab more fiber rich foods like whole grains and wheat which contain insoluble fibers which prevent constipation. Beans is also great for that if you like them.

Also with fruit, what type do you find yourself gagging over? You can always make yourself a smoothie as well with the fruit you find delicious. Bananas? Strawberries? how about watermelon?

Really introducing more whole foods and cutting out processed junk is the way to go.

I had really bad digestive problems and kept trying different things that did help however, I went vegan. Not saying you have to do something that drastic, but simply altering your diet can change a lot concerning the digestive system.

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 20:47
Simple, just grab more fiber rich foods like whole grains and wheat which contain insoluble fibers which prevent constipation. Beans is also great for that if you like them.

Also with fruit, what type do you find yourself gagging over? You can always make yourself a smoothie as well with the fruit you find delicious. Bananas? Strawberries? how about watermelon?

Really introducing more whole foods and cutting out processed junk is the way to go.

I had really bad digestive problems and kept trying different things that did help however, I went vegan. Not saying you have to do something that drastic, but simply altering your diet can change a lot concerning the digestive system.

Yes i love beans and it's the texture of it that makes me gag, do you think this is nothing to worry about and maybe ibs ?

Holds1325
22-04-16, 20:58
I'm sure of it that its just IBS.

Lots of beans and rice, perhaps more carrots. Do you like noodles? Whole wheat noodles also are rich in fiber. Throw in some vegetables like thin-sliced carrots, chopped spinach, cabbage and some mushrooms. Comes out very good. I think its kind of fun trying different recipes out. Look some up on youtube, tons of videos about cooking healthy.

Really fruit though, does very well at clearing up digestive problems. Do you have a blender? Try making a smoothie, it makes it into a liquid basically and the texture is gone. If you still dont like the taste you can always add a little cane sugar and perhaps some cocoa powder if you'd like.

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 21:09
I'm sure of it that its just IBS.

Lots of beans and rice, perhaps more carrots. Do you like noodles? Whole wheat noodles also are rich in fiber. Throw in some vegetables like thin-sliced carrots, chopped spinach, cabbage and some mushrooms. Comes out very good. I think its kind of fun trying different recipes out. Look some up on youtube, tons of videos about cooking healthy.

Really fruit though, does very well at clearing up digestive problems. Do you have a blender? Try making a smoothie, it makes it into a liquid basically and the texture is gone. If you still dont like the taste you can always add a little cane sugar and perhaps some cocoa powder if you'd like.

Yes noodles are lovely :), also my sleeping pattern is all over the place aswell sometimes I don't get up till 12 in the afternoon, which is over 12 hours sleep! that might have something to do with it

Holds1325
22-04-16, 21:18
Sleep affects everything, mood to digestion process.

More sleep, throw in some exercise and stay away from junk for a small period of time, with how young you are, I bet it clears up in a manner of weeks.

Lockey1995
22-04-16, 22:19

More sleep, throw in some exercise and stay away from junk for a small period of time, with how young you are, I bet it clears up in a manner of weeks.

I hope it does

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

What does it mean by a change in bowel habit, that if you had constipation nothing would make you go?, After i have my coffee and breakfast in the morning I'm running to the toilet every morning

Holds1325
22-04-16, 22:33
Change in bowel habit has to be pretty drastic change in the usual habit that you are accustomed to.

This means that perhaps you just aren't going at all for periods of days, or you are going but 6 times an hour.

However going after morning routines and sometimes going a bit more often due to certain conditions is normal really.

Change in bowel movements is very vague though and should mostly depend on it being more of a severe change rather than just deviating from the norm.

Lockey1995
23-04-16, 00:26
Change in bowel habit has to be pretty drastic change in the usual habit that you are accustomed to.

This means that perhaps you just aren't going at all for periods of days, or you are going but 6 times an hour.

However going after morning routines and sometimes going a bit more often due to certain conditions is normal really.

Change in bowel movements is very vague though and should mostly depend on it being more of a severe change rather than just deviating from the norm.

Oh ok i feel a little better now

Lockey1995
23-04-16, 14:43

Basically this morning I did a bit after breakfast went again and did a little more after a shower and just been just but its still scaring me as it feels never ending everytime I go a bit comes out with some gas then thres basically clear mucus upon wiping. The stools are not hard just sort of quite soft they'renot like liquid though. Ive been drinking water atm done 4 glasses atm and i feel it might be helping a little. But it just does feel never ending and keeps scaring me :(

Captain irrational
24-04-16, 00:45
Let's get a little perspective here.

95% of bowel cancer patients are over the age of 50, it is incredibly rare for anybody in their 20s to get it. From my own anecdotal observations of people I've known who have had bowel cancer, they were nearly always overweight and or have had very poor dietary habits throughout their lives.

I am quite certain you don't have bowel cancer. Infact none of the symptoms you describe even fit the typical symptoms of bowel cancer.