PDA

View Full Version : Worst panic attack in a while

Rebekahsusan89
22-04-16, 19:08
After a few nights bad sleep, last night I thought finally a good nights sleep - how wrong was I, woke up suddenly in a panic (it's a bit of a blur as I was half asleep still and was asleep on the sofa) all my left side went numb and lifeless totally panicked and ran upstairs, I honestly thought I was having a stroke or something, just sitting here thinking about what happened my hearts pounding.

My other half is working till early hours and I'll be on my own :weep:

I don't know how to get this under control, I'm too scared to go doctors with my symptoms incase something is wrong

I can't talk to him about it he just thinks I'm crazy and over react or like last night will say it was a nightmare but it was more than that.

Worrywonka
23-04-16, 00:21
Yeah its hard for someone who has never been through it to understand jusy how real and shocking the symptoms feel. Ive been woken in a similar matter at night thinking i was having a hearr attack and or stroke. What i did wasfirst of all get my breathing under control.. Then i talk to myself a bit to make sure my cognition and speech was fine and finally i got up to check my balance, i read somewhere a good test is to stand on 1 leg and this tests brain function quite well. Anyway i know it sucks.. Been through it quite a few times. I suggest and i know its not easy, get pro active witg your health. Get a checkup at the docs. Walk more, exercise.. Do anything which is in your power to strengthen your body and mind.