PDA

View Full Version : I can't cope anymore.

ella32
22-04-16, 19:53
This fear of heart is crippling me. I can't cope anymore with it. I was checked in hospital Wednesday but still worrying about heart and chest pain . Its a non stop cycle of fear and thoughts all the time. The chest pain is every day in some area of chest and then I start thinking its heart attack or something sinister. Ive been cleared by doctor after having normal stress test nearly 3 months ago but I can't seem to understand how im constantly having chest pain if theres nothing wrong with my heart.xx

Holds1325
22-04-16, 20:07
Could be muscular and I will add that muscle strain isnt always pinpointed by moving your muscle or touching it.

When I was a teen I would get chest pains and was scared that it was my heart. I had an EKG which came out normal and my BP was very healthy 120/80 even while stressing out. Later it was found that my slouching posture coupled with having a long torso caused my back muscles to radiate pain to my chest.

Now I'm not saying thats the case here it could be something else but nevertheless, totally unrelated to your heart.

Take another instance for example, a few weeks ago I was so very tired from exercising all day and fell into a deep sleep, collapsing onto my bed. I woke up and my chest, sort of on the left side had sharp pain. I worried about it but then fell back asleep and it went away. It came back again a few days later when I realized that I had the tendency to sleep on my side with my right arm propped under my chest somewhat. This caused the pain, but of course my brain wanted to say, lung cancer, heart disease, even aortic aneurysm etc.

Needless to say, I stopped sleeping like that and the pain never happened again.

ella32
22-04-16, 20:14
I do slouch and my shoulders are constantly hunched over but I just can't shake the fear of this being heart related. I don't know what else the doctors can do to reassure me. I had stress test and it was normal had holter monitor showed tachycardia have had more ecgs than I can count had more bloods taken and loads of chest xrays but yet the fear won't go away.xx

Holds1325
22-04-16, 20:23
The source of the your fear is not from your heart its from your anxiety. Have you tried anything to address the anxiety? Perhaps even a little? Exercising, changing diet, planning fun etc.?

I would believe the doctors if they say everythings okay, no use in setting your mind against them and yourself. You'll be fine and are fine I'm sure :)

ella32
22-04-16, 20:26
Im having cbt done to help me but it is slow going. Xxx