PDA

View Full Version : Hello.

Hayl89
22-04-16, 21:55
Hi I'm Hayleigh andI'm new to the website aswell as anxiety and depression!
I have just been prescribed fluoxetine after taking Propanolol for a couple of weeks, which was not having any positive effect but making me more depressed.
I have recently lost my dad which is when the anxiety and depression started.

venusbluejeans
22-04-16, 22:00
Hiya Hayleigh89 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

striver7777
09-05-16, 09:10
Hello there Hayleigh89 my name is Ben and I would like to ask you how the Fluoxetine is making you feel. I ask this because I 'apparently' suffered with depression when I was about 16-17 and as time has gone by I was prescribed loads of different anti-depressants but nothing helped it only made me feel worse. After looking further into my symptoms by visiting sites online I discovered that I may not be depressed at all. It is difficult to understand why your body does the things it does. I have, ultimately, found out that I may not have depression at all! I may actually have GAD- (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) I am now having therapy again and am no longer on anti-depressants but instead I'm on beta-blockers. You may have to ask your doctor more about those. Hope this has helped and good luck

smoothiefun
09-12-16, 23:08
Welcome Hayleigh i have tried meds vefore and they can take quite a few weeks to take effect. Hope you can get help and support here.

Rosanna
11-12-16, 00:28
Hi Hayleigh

So sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, I lost my dad too, take care and take things step by step. I lost my dad 7 years ago now. I get the impression its been much more recent for you. Gentle, baby steps!

I didn't get on with propranolol but strangely I did find bisoprolol very helpful and not 'depressing' at all....just to share that with you in case you want to try that if other meds don't help. It's a beta blocker too but seems to have less side effects than propranolol.

Spetz
12-12-16, 09:11
Hello

I hope you will do well.

Cheers