PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have anxious thinking as an anxiety trigger?

LiveAboveIt
22-04-16, 22:43
I dont mean any specific thought, but.. More or less just feeling your brain thinking anxiously. Is this just a normal anxiety symptom? Feels like my mind just wants to automatically think about the anxiety.

It feels so foreign when you cant control your own mind, or you feel disconnected from your own thoughts and you cant help but fight them.

Im hoping this is just a normal symptom of high anxiety. Seems like its all I can think about, all day long. And I worry when other people say their brains are always thinking about stuff when they are idle. Are my thoughts only bothering me BECAUSE I have anxiety, or is this a thought disorder of some kind? I cant foresee ever just being okay with knowing that I cant control my thoughts or anxious thinking. I just want my thoughts to flow freely sgain without me feeling the need to acknowledge and question them.

Is there a cure for this metaworry? Seriously considering medication.

ScaredCaz
22-04-16, 23:11
Hi

I am going through this right now sorry you are too

I have so many symptoms and I am so scared I don't know what to do my mind will convince myself I am ok and it's just anxiety one minute the next it convinces me something is really wrong and what's going to happen to me :-(

I have tingling hands although I do have chronic nerve pain in my neck and shoulders that I am on medication for my left ear feels blocked and I have a constant noise in it every now and then my upper chest below my neck feels like the blood is running cold and my skin feels cold to touch all the time my forearms feel tender it just goes on and on and I convince myself I will wake up tomorrow in hospital :-(

Hate this so much you are not alone in this thought pattern

LiveAboveIt
22-04-16, 23:24
Im so sorry to hear that you are suffering as well. Its very mentally painful. I wish I knew how we are supposed to make it stop.

I know the thoughts are caused by anxiety but I wish I could somehow stop noticing them as much, but I guess that is anxiety too. Anxiety pitches and catches thoughts, it feels like.

Even "I cant stop thinking" has become an automatic thought. I have no idea what I did to get into this thought process nor how to undo the damage.

Shazamataz
23-04-16, 06:59
It's a horrible cycle Live,

I'd say from what you've experienced that maybe trying another medication will set you off again and make things worse?

Are you able to distract your thoughts at all? Even a couple of minutes is an achievement and maybe this will get longer the more you practice.

My anxiety seems to be opposite to your's. Mines practically ALL physical (as far as I can tell) and all my thoughts become consumed by how intolerable the physical symptoms are. They improve if I keep busy but am so damned tired as barely sleep so being busy is a challenge.

Hang in there!