PDA

View Full Version : Need to moan

Fedup79
23-04-16, 11:36
Hi all

Im having a rough day today and just need to moan.

I keep bursting into tears over a fear that i have cancer and leaving my little girl which just makes me worse. Its not fair for her seeing me like this which makes me worse. Just now im petrified that the thickness at the front of my meck is thyroid cancer and i can feel lumps on the back of my neck (noone else can). I had my thyroidand a fbc towards the end of feb and was all normal. I was in a+e in dec where a nirse noticed the thickness in my neck and said gp should check, when he did he didnt feel anything. But im petrified theyve missed something.
Atsame time i have face and ear pain (all clear from dentiat) and headaches (prob from all crying and stress) and conviced that means a brain tumour.
I know im being irattional but i cant shake it. I have an appt with my dr on fri bit seems so long away

---------- Post added at 11:36 ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 ----------

Also have a lump feeling in my throat, thpugh know that can be anxiety and/or my reflux kicking off

Fedup79
23-04-16, 20:13
Bumping post as need some reasurrance, throat feels scratchy and bit sore now aswell :(

Christina_N
23-04-16, 20:26
A friend of mine has also a thickness in the neck area and her doctor thought it was thyroid related, but after tests it turned out it was nothing -apparently it is a normal finding in some people without meaning anything sinister. Your sore throat can be just a "sore throat", one of the most common symptoms in humans! It will surely go away in a few days! As far as the lump feeling in your throat is concerned, it can simply be anxiety related. I believe it has happened to most of us...Anxiety has many ugly faces...

Fedup79
23-04-16, 21:45
Thanks im trying to tell myself all of this but just a vicious cycle. Also feel like ive loads of mouth ulcers coming up under my tongue (dentist yesterday and no sign of tooth infection), believe it to be another anxiety symptom, like i say a vicious cycle :(

countrygirl
23-04-16, 22:03
I worked as an advisor for thyroid charity in a former life!

One good way of checking for thyroid nodules is to stand looking straight in front of the mirror and then turn your head sideways but keep looking with your eyes and a thyroid nodule will nearly always show itself when you turn your head sideways as a lump on one side or the other of the neck at the bottom.

You can also have a thyroid neck for want of a better description and to this day I can tell with one glance at someone if they have this. This is not a specific lump but a general appearance that I cannot easily describe.

Your Gp should be well versed in both the above so if he could not see either of these then it could just be your physiology. If your thyroid functiont tests were normal and no def nodule can be seen on neck turning and GP feeling then you can be very reassured.

Christina_N
23-04-16, 22:05
It is exactly as you described it...a vicious cycle! The more we are concerned about our health, the more symptoms we develop or sometimes we obsess about symptoms that would have gone unnoticed by non health anxiety sufferers!! Please try to calm down...nothing in your descriptions of symptoms sounds sinister to me!

Fedup79
23-04-16, 22:12
Thank you both. I am calming down..... Slightly. This under the tongue is the most annoying just now, just appeared yesterday & of course now paranoid about mouth c, no matter how much i tell myself its painful, looks like 2 or 3 wee white dots (feels more) so most likely mouth ulcers, wait til friday and speak to dr. Just a nightmare, people who dont have HA dont seem to understand how panicjy and real the fear/symptoms are x