PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

micky63
23-04-16, 14:27
Hello my name is Mick and I live in the Uk. I am 53 and suffer with health anxiety. If I think back I have suffered with it for years but it didn't seem to bother me as much as it does now. In my case I suppose its because I am over 50 out out of shape so every ache and pain I panic so much. I have had a few health issues but nothing to bad. But this health anxiety is truly a horrible thing. Anyway hope this site will help me and hopefully I can have an input which could help others.

venusbluejeans
23-04-16, 14:33
Hiya micky63 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

micky63
23-04-16, 16:58
Thankyou :)

KLM
24-04-16, 19:40
Hi Micky,
I suffer with the same as you, and although only 44 I feel like my age plays apart, feel like I'm not getting any younger. I read something recently that said to use health anxiety as a push to live healthier. So that you are not at such a risk of the illness you fear. I'm going to try to give that a go. Long walks, eating healthily. Try to make something good out of a crappy situation!
Some days I can't think of anything other than what cancer I have or whatever, even though I know I am being ridiculous I just can't stop worrying. I have a pretty intense job, and that helps to distract me, and put my focus elsewhere. Do you have lefty of distractions in your life?
I have not been able to find much support and so have decided to set up my own support group in my community. For anyone living with anxiety not just health anxiety. I hope that it will help me and others in the same position as us!
Good luck with your search for answers and help, if you find anything that's helpful to you please let me know too - any tips for living with this turmoil in your head always gratefully received!! K