PDA

View Full Version : Nausea from anxiety?

Charlie2016
23-04-16, 17:12
Hi all Im sure this has been covered before but as a newbie and home alone feeling VERY scared I'm wondering does anyone get wave of nausea from anxiety (sometimes without even feeling anxious)??

anyone who can help or comment PLEASE PLEASE do. (Sitting here in bits :( )

netminder1976
23-04-16, 17:49
Absolutely, I get periods of nausea all the time. Anxiety really messes with our stomachs whether you're feeling it at the time or not.

Charlie2016
23-04-16, 17:52
Absolutely, I get periods of nausea all the time. Anxiety really messes with our stomachs whether you're feeling it at the time or not.

Really? without the other crazy palpitations etc? oh thats good to hear - well not good but u know what i mean. I'm just frightened as I'm TERRIFIED of being sick u know?
thanks for replying ur so kind

do u think it will pass?

mnaha
23-04-16, 19:15
Feeling this right now. I hope it goes away , its terrible and just not my cup of tea.

Charlie2016
23-04-16, 21:57
Feeling this right now. I hope it goes away , its terrible and just not my cup of tea.

So sorry u are going thru it too/ its awful isn't it. On top of anxiety it adds more anxiety

Mummybee
26-04-16, 11:50
I have this too!
Do you still have burning face too

Beckybecks
26-04-16, 12:05
I get a lot of nausea from anxiety.
Last year I went through a phase of forcing myself to vomit to relieve the symptoms. Until I damaged my esophagus. Now I'm terrified of vomiting in case it causes the same damage.
I usually sip on some plain water until the feeling passes.

Josh1234
26-04-16, 14:30
yes and burning stomach.

Mojo61
26-04-16, 16:09
Yes, every morning without fail. I usually end up dry retching as can't eat either.

Mozie
27-04-16, 00:53
I suffer with Ibs so get the nausea feeling I've never been sick but because of the anxiety my appetite just goes completely and I've lost weight since Christmas I've lost a stone and a half, I start to eat again get my appetite back then the ibs and anxiety starts again and my appetite goes again so any weight I gained quickly dissappears again

Charlie2016
27-04-16, 02:26
I have this too!
Do you still have burning face too

Hi thanks so much for the reply - the burning face went away (another bloody anxiety symptom I think ). The nausea comes and goes and its just miserable (and terrifying).

Thanks again.

---------- Post added at 02:22 ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 ----------

I suffer with Ibs so get the nausea feeling I've never been sick but because of the anxiety my appetite just goes completely and I've lost weight since Christmas I've lost a stone and a half, I start to eat again get my appetite back then the ibs and anxiety starts again and my appetite goes again so any weight I gained quickly dissappears again

thanks for the reply - so sorry u have this too - its a bloody nightmare isn't it. I do hope u are feeling ok. It comes and goes with me but its up there as both a trigger and a symptom of anxiety for me.
Thanks again - hope you're well.

---------- Post added at 02:24 ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 ----------

hi thanks for the reply - yes it REALLY does mess with our stomachs - oh I'm a mess. Good to know though that u can feel it when not feeling particularly anxious (which makes sense considering i guess Im always in some form of anxiety state)

thanks again.
Hope u are well.

---------- Post added at 02:26 ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 ----------

I get a lot of nausea from anxiety.
Last year I went through a phase of forcing myself to vomit to relieve the symptoms. Until I damaged my esophagus. Now I'm terrified of vomiting in case it causes the same damage.
I usually sip on some plain water until the feeling passes.

Hi thanks to u too for the reply - gosh that is harsh - i do hope u are okay and obviously i understand your fear. Its pretty rotten alright and sabotages so much.
Thanks again and I hope u are doing well.

Deanatron
27-04-16, 03:06
I have this a lot sometimes in public to that really freaks me out a lot

Charlie2016
22-05-16, 17:13
thanks so much guys for all your wisdom and experiences it really helps to know "its not just me". I wish you all health and happiness and anxiety free/ibs free days ahead.

RosieBelle
22-05-16, 17:52
Hi Charlie :)
Yeah I get nausea when too. I think it's a really common symptom of anxiety, so you're definitely not alone. If you have a fear of being sick, there is a lot of posts about emetophobia under the phobia section on this forum. Might be worth checking out if that's how you feel.

Hope this helps :)