PDA

View Full Version : Neck freckle

helenhoo
23-04-16, 21:23
So I thought it was a spot but it's a freckle and its tan colour two freckles near each other. Not sure if it's new. It feels raised as I thought it was spot now freaking out its melanoma........

---------- Post added at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:54 ----------

Sorry.

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Dan is like that's just a freckle but I'm worrying. Trying not to as we're about to meet his cousins.

---------- Post added at 21:23 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Ugh

.Poppy.
23-04-16, 21:41
Reb,

You have a greater chance of winning the lottery than having that spot be melanoma....or having leukemia on top of it!

Try to put it out of your mind.

Did you ever talk to your family about your anxiety?

helenhoo
23-04-16, 22:53
I was out with Dan earlier (chap) and felt this spot. Asked him to look and he was like nah it's just a freckle and he said he saw my face drop. He knows my anxious triggers. He took a photo and its tan, round, symmetircal but for me raised means cancer. I have a few raised freckles, so does he!

I dont have anyone to speak to as everyone gets annoyed with me. Its why I'm so dependant on these sites which is a habit I'm trying and had started to break.

I even saw a few skin cancer posts on here last night and stopped self from reading as I knew they'd trigger me again. And here I am now!

:) hope you're well poppy xx

Hypo
23-04-16, 22:55
Actually, melanomas are usually flat.

My GP said that my raised one was ok and that it being raised was a good sign because melanoma is usually flat. She might be wrong but she's a GP so hopefully not.

helenhoo
23-04-16, 23:53
That red for has gone though!

---------- Post added at 23:53 ---------- Previous post was at 23:08 ----------

And been inspecting my sole of feet for freckle and there's like a dent dot? Dan reckons it's a dent thing. I'm worried itis a faint faint faint freckle or one developing. It's see through.