PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Cancer Fear

newmama
23-04-16, 18:12
I have a really strong new fear that I may have cervical cancer. I don't have any of the standard symptoms of bleeding between periods or pain in the pelvis - no idea about after sex as it's been so long(!) I am also up-to-date with my smears which have always been normal - the last one was done only last year. I also had some swabs and internal examination done in Nov last year when I had some low pelvic pressure - doc diagnosed a mild prolapse. BUT - I now have unrelenting lower back pain which is causing me a lot of discomfort. I would describe it as a dull, but strong ache, accompanied by a slight feeling of pressure down below. It keeps me awake at night. Feels a bit like the crampy pain that comes with periods. I am REALLY worried that this may be a sign of advanced cervical cancer and that the smear test was wrong. Please, please please can someone reassure me that I'm worrying needlessly.

misslove
24-04-16, 03:06
If your having no other symptoms besides back pain, wouldn't that just be back pain? Try stretches or a hot water bottle or bath.