PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!!

Emmie13
24-04-16, 01:48
Hi All,
My name is Emma and I'm 37. I've battled anxiety for many years, having gone through all the various therapies and drugs which have been helpful over the years, but unfortunately I am currently going through another episode. I have an extremely stressful job, involving organising over 100 people on a daily basis, the consequences of making a mistake are enormous. I encountered domestic violence from a very young age until my 20s, which I have physically fully recovered from but possibly not mentally, although I have an extremely happy relationship with my current partner and my son. I am an extremely 'jumpy', nervous person due to my past and find relaxing incredibly difficult. At present my physical problems are heart palpitations, shortness of breath and sleeplessness. I have been taking amitryptaline for years as a 'go to' medicine for quick relief but recently my doctor has told me this drug may be increasing the palpitations so I have slowly weaned myself off it, probably making the anxiety worse. Tonight, I am having panic attacks, have tried various techniques I have learnt over the years to no avail so have since taken an amitryptaline. On the plus side, I researched my condition and stumbled across this website which has already helped no end just by knowing I'm not alone. Anyway, enough of me, great site, hope to be a long term member x

venusbluejeans
24-04-16, 01:53
Hiya Emmie13 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Emmie13
24-04-16, 02:26
Hi Emmz,

Thanks for your reply.

I have been looking at the different articles and I've found them really helpful, especially this evening while I've been going through the motions of the panic attacks.

It's so awful to see how many people are going through this, just heart breaking, I hope that once I've found peace I can help someone else through this.

Thanks again for your reply, nice to know other people are out there.

Kind regards,

Emma xx