PDA

View Full Version : Really freaked out

Jamie123
24-04-16, 21:32
Read online that a system of ALS is slurring the odd word and am now scared as I have felt like I have been slurring some words and as soon as I read this it made me freak out. Also I feel like a hiccup is coming but doesnt come for the past day and this lead to me googling and finding the symptom I stated previously. Someone please help

countrygirl
24-04-16, 21:42
Every single bodily symptom can be a sign of some nasty disease, but very very rarely is it, its almost always a sign of some boring none threatening mild problem.

For example, forgetting words can be a sign of altzeimers or dementia but in 99% of cases in the over 50's its just a normal part of ageing and means nothing much. If it was a sure fire sign of dementia then myself and everyone I know over 50 have had it!

So minor symptoms are almost never a sign of serious disease. If you had other neurological symptoms or deficit and were badly slurring words this is different but you have a very mild happens to us all symptom and are catastrophising it into als.

Its your health anxiety talking - please try and ignore its voice:whistles: