PDA

View Full Version : Hello

PaulWirral
24-04-16, 22:10
This will be the easiest 'introducing yourself' I will have undertaken in quite some time now!

My names Paul I'm 31 from Merseyside, UK. I'm one of 5 lads and live with one of them and my mother. I am currently undiagnosed but suspect from reading and researching IM DYING A HORRIBLE PAINFUL DEATH (the internet's a wonderful place)....No I think I have GAD.

I don't work at the moment and haven't for quite some time. At first I was a bit of a scally/tearaway and thought I was clever for bumming around not working. Then it became increasingly harder to get a job with no work experience and now I can't even stomach the thought of work as it makes me panic. In my head I'm desperate to work and make myself a better person and to try and fix myself. Just when it comes to actually doing it my mind goes into overdrive

I keep thinking I'm past it now and my life is over, no job, no girlfriend, overweight, dwindling family, getting old, and in general not a lot going for me. I have made a doctors appointment but bottled going to it, anyone have any tips for getting your ass out to make the first steps to fixing this? I haven't attempted or seriously thought about suicide but often in bad times think about how much easier it would be if I did.

The only positive thing I have in my life that's probably kept me from tipping over the edge is in my nieces eyes I'M GOD! I have a very special relationship with her, she can instantly stop any attack or bad feelings when she turns up. She really is a little ray of sunshine.

You will have to excuse my grammar and punctuation, I try my best!

There is so much more I could type here and tell you about myself but I feel like I've taken up enough of your time already with my ramblings.

I was in the middle of an attack when I found this place and read a few posts before signing up. Just those few posts filled with positivity and hope from replies brought me out of it! Kind of makes me realise this thing isn't the be all and end all!

Thank you x

venusbluejeans
24-04-16, 22:15
Hiya PaulWirral and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

PaulWirral
24-04-16, 22:21
Hiya PaulWirral and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

That was next on the list! Explore! :yesyes:

Thanks for your reply :hugs:

aprilmoon
24-04-16, 22:52
Hi Paul
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Superworrier
24-04-16, 23:54
Welcome Paul :D

PaulWirral
25-04-16, 07:20
Thanks guys :hugs:

Pipkin
25-04-16, 19:06
Hi and :welcome:

Starting point, rebook an appointment with your GP and go to it! Make some notes to take with you which will help. I know it's difficult to open up when you're sat there and the doc says 'what can I do for you?' I hate it but it's worth it afterwards when you're on the road to taking positive action.

How about some part-time volunteering which will help get you ready for work and it will also build up your cv? You obviously get on well with your niece so perhaps you could volunteer for a children's charity? I used to go into after school clubs and help the kids who were struggling to read. It was excellent. Or you could do something more strenuous and lose a bit of weight at the same time. Worth a thought. Taking some positive action can really help to turn things around. Doctors can help but the real answer is in what we do for ourselves.

Good luck

Pip