PDA

View Full Version : Hello everybody.

AcrossThePond
25-04-16, 02:26
My name is Paul, I'm 39 and suffering some/any/all forms of anxiety for the past 17 years.

They come and go (never away unfortunately) but for most make me feel like I'm literally loosing hours, days, weeks, months and years on trying to make it through some of the days instead of living my life.
I'm generally in good shape, power walk about 16-20 miles per week, play some sports, eat ok and so on. Blood pressure ranges between 110-135 / 70-85 but pulse sometimes is high at around 90-100 when resting.
Around 2004 I was treated for anxiety and put on Seroxar for 3 years. Workd nicely but then withdrawals kicked in and it wasn't pretty anymore. On and off with last two years being quite ok acually without any major incidents even though that feeling of uncertainty is always there, which game me tremendous hope and pushed to give my life another solid shot but it didn't last long.
Last 4 months some symptoms appear on a daily basis and when they fad others jump to take their place.
Biggest problem for me is that they are all in the chest area ranging from solid pressure type occurences that can last for hours and move to other part of my body or appear out of the blue and quickly fade away but leaving me shaken for quite some time.

I do have considerable stress but get good sleep (most of the time anyway).
Few years back got tested on absolutely everything and all results were good apart from very low vit D levels which are much better now.
Had blood tests and chest xray 6 weeks ago just before sinus surgery and everythign checked out ok too. Surgery went fine, I've healed in no time, can breathe like never before but still each day my heart anxieties come back thx to the variety of pains that just won't go away.

Anyway, I stumbled on this forum today and I'm going to dive into reading hopefully finding something that will help my relax and maybe help others with my experience to give them some comfort.

Wish you all sunny days without anything to worry about.

Paul.

venusbluejeans
25-04-16, 02:33
Hiya AcrossThePond and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
25-04-16, 15:42
Good morning ATP. Like you I been dealing with panic/anxiety for a long time, since 1999. Reading your post did take me back to an incident that happened to me last year. In that situation I ended up thinking something was anxiety related when it actually was a major medical incident. Mind you, I'm not a therapist or medical doctor and from what I've read you are in far better shape then I am. Also I will say you found a great place for information from others in the same boat. So best to you and keep fighting the fight.

AcrossThePond
26-04-16, 02:03
Thank you Venus.

Appreciate your reply Fduop. Problem is that at this point visit to the ER means $$$ which are hard to get by these days.
I got a doc appointment next month so got to wait and then see what the doc Decides to do next.