PDA

View Full Version : CBT for health anxiety

chatty girl
25-04-16, 12:08
So I've been for my first appointment, dreading it especially when the therapist look very young! But actually he was very nice even while I was blubbering.

Told him everything, got some papers to read on health anxiety. I'm going back to the doctors this afternoon for one final attempt at a colonoscopy. Also spoke to the Secretary of the consultant I saw and she's typing up the letter today, I asked if she was able to ask him what he thought it was and she said hopefully once she types the letter it will shed light on it.

Do I feel any better...........nope :-(

.Poppy.
25-04-16, 13:53
You will feel better...slowly. It's an uphill battle and I've stumbled a few times but already feel better than I did 3 months ago when I first went in for therapy.

Best of luck xx

girlrock
26-04-16, 23:15
I've really been enjoying my CBT for my HA. Does that sound weird? I like being able to let it all out to someone who doesn't judge me or laugh at me. She really helps me rationalize my thoughts. I love her!!! I wish I could talk to her every day but I do hear advice in my head constantly. Good luck to you!!

Fishmanpa
26-04-16, 23:33
I did the CBT4PANIC that was offered here along with one on one therapy for depression and "scanxiety" after my illnesses. I also had a "chill pill" as needed. I'm a pretty logical person by nature so as simple as some of the techniques sounded, it made sense. I also knew I had to work at it to make it useful. While all the aspects didn't apply, there were many aspects that did and I still use and find them useful in everyday life situations (work, relationships etc.).

As with anything, you get out of it what you put into it.

Positive thoughts