PDA

View Full Version : Results, oh boy was I shaking!

helenhoo
25-04-16, 17:46
After a week of hearing noting and driving self mad with worry and driving you lot mad with frustration I called my doctors up. Albeit with a shaky hand.

'Yup, all normal'

Do I get a letter? Now what? You sure?

'Just says it's all normal and no further investigation needed'

I made a promise to myself that once I had these results if crack on anxiety. However i am still skin checking my freckles and moles.

Big relief but I'm ready to kick arse.

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Even my nurse friend rolled her eyes when I said I still worry about random freckles here and there.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

Perfectly round tiny dark brown freckle is lAtest concern. Has anyone else been there with the freckle/mole worry. I hate myself for it but I've been googling again. I did the nhs risk test and I'm low risk. But yet I read stories and symptoms. Uuuuuhvfnfbcbdnnd!

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Sorry to go on, but everyones like it's so rare! Yet you read articles that it's common for young people; other times it's a quarter of diagnosis.

Fedup79
25-04-16, 17:52
Glad to hear results are all clear xx

helenhoo
25-04-16, 18:03
Bag of nerves again thinking this freckle is new

Elen
25-04-16, 18:06
Reb Enough, SLAP.

Only you can stop this. Instead of driving yourself mad looking at horror stories on google go back and read some of hints and tips that you have already been given.

Sorry to sound harsh but you have been given loads of really good info, you really need to start using it.

pulisa
25-04-16, 18:17
You said that you were ready to challenge your HA?

KatiePink
25-04-16, 20:59
You really need to challenge your thoughts and behaviors otherwise you will be here when you're 90 still doing threads trust me it isn't going anywhere unless you work at it, you have to say you are giving your all and don't expect instant changes you will still have anxiety it needs time and consistency to break. When you have a new fear before doing a thread or searching, write these questions down and answer them, then move on keep yourself busy, you've already determined it's anxiety no need for further discussion ect, i'm still working on it, it helps

I'm not on any medication for my anxiety but yours seems way more constant than mine it may be something that is needed for you temporarily to help you, your GP should have already mentioned it

3. Examine how fair, balanced and accurate this thought is.

Evidence:

What evidence is there that this thought is true?
Am I assuming things?
Is this the only possible explanation?
Is this completely true all of the time?
When I'm not feeling so bad what do I think?
When I've had this thought before what did I think that made me feel better?
Are there strengths or positives I am ignoring?

4. Replace unfair and inaccurate thoughts with alternative fairer thoughts.

Alternatives:
Is there an alternative explanation?
Have I considered both sides of the story?
Do I have the full facts?
What would I tell a friend?
What would a friend tell me?

helenhoo
25-04-16, 21:02
Hi Katie, I agree I'm bad but still anti meds sorry. I know it's all in my mind, I need to take the leases back. I literally was walking to work in tights and had 'I wonder if I gave a weird mole on thighs' I almost pictures it. I didn't. But I in turn found this little dark freckle.

ServerError
25-04-16, 21:06
Hi Katie, I agree I'm bad but still anti meds sorry. I know it's all in my mind, I need to take the leases back. I literally was walking to work in tights and had 'I wonder if I gave a weird mole on thighs' I almost pictures it. I didn't. But I in turn found this little dark freckle.

Every time you are offered useful advice, you respond by describing a freckle. I don't think anybody here can do much more for you. You HAVE to start helping yourself.

As for medication, I'm taking it and how bad do I seem? I have rough days, sure, but the anti-depressants have helped me get the space to deal with things. It's absolutely a personal decision but right now you're saying you're "anti meds" but not "anti anxiety ruining your life".

I don't think you really want help.

helenhoo
25-04-16, 21:08
I do. I really do. I don't know what else I can do to help myself.

Someone said if you go looking you will find something.

Holds1325
25-04-16, 21:16
I do. I really do. I don't know what else I can do to help myself.

Someone said if you go looking you will find something.

Yup the saying goes, if you go ghost hunting, you'll find em.

Basically whatever your mind is set to find, it'll find.

How about not worry about melanoma right now? Melanoma is like the worst case scenario skin cancer when there are several lesser illnesses related to the skin with which skin blemishes are attributed to.

You CAN help yourself by just not worrying about your skin, you had tests, they were fine, what more can be done but to breathe in and out and move on about your day.

Other than that you're letting your HA take over your life and its beating you at its own game. Why not turn the tables around?

helenhoo
25-04-16, 22:21
It's that ignoring those 'check, have another look' thoughts I get.

Bakebeansrule
26-04-16, 21:48
Hi, I really feel for you. Back in January I convinced myself I had a serious problem with my liver, and I hit rock bottom. I was sure I was going to die and leave my young daughter and it broke my heart. I saw many different Drs and nurses who all told me the same thing I had pulled a muscle between my ribs and my anxiety was making me 100 times worse, of course I didn't believe them.

I spoke to some wonderful people on here who helped me so much and I also started taking sertraline. I wasn't going to take them it But I'm so glad I did they helped me think clearly, don't get me wrong the first week or so was hard and I doubted myself over everything. I took them for 2 months then against my Drs wishes i stopped and touch wood I've been fine but if I hadn't have taken them I would have given up.

Having this fear is stopping you live your life to the full, all your results have come back clear instead of thinking what if think thank god I'm ok! There is so many people out there who arnt ok but are living their life to the full, we only get one go at this don't let your anxiety ruin it. Small steps get you a long way.

Stop googling and stop looking for problems that arnt there

Good luck

Superworrier
26-04-16, 22:49
Yup the saying goes, if you go ghost hunting, you'll find em.

Basically whatever your mind is set to find, it'll find.

How about not worry about melanoma right now? Melanoma is like the worst case scenario skin cancer when there are several lesser illnesses related to the skin with which skin blemishes are attributed to.

You CAN help yourself by just not worrying about your skin, you had tests, they were fine, what more can be done but to breathe in and out and move on about your day.

Other than that you're letting your HA take over your life and its beating you at its own game. Why not turn the tables around?

Really good advice here I mean really please take it :bighug1: