PDA

View Full Version : Still feel scared as with this constipation issue

Lockey1995
25-04-16, 13:55
Sorry for making so many threads on here but God this one is really not going at all, I'm absolutely terrified to say the least, I had 2 senokot tablets last night and I think most of it is now gone but now it still feels like there is something there and when I go im constipated but it feels quite soft inside and bits just come out when I go. So I might be able to get two pebble types out then that'll be it for an hour or so.

I'm also getting allot of wind on the toilet with the constipation as well so when I push to do a bm I get allot of wind in between each push I don't know if this is normal.

I haven't had any abdominal cramps today at all im just scared its something serious :( and never ending. I need to stop googling aswell God that scares you.

I just don't know anymore :(

Holds1325
25-04-16, 16:19
Sorry you're dealing with this again,

Googling definitely does not help and it only makes it worse. Google fuels the obsession and NEVER helps it.

Bowel movements are very sporadic and usually are only an issue for concern if like I said before, there is a DRASTIC CHANGE, like constant dark bloody stools, no stools at all for days or constant watery stools for weeks up to 10 times an hour. And even then depending on factors it could be something minor.

Do you find yourself anticipating going? Like you are just looking and getting anxious and then forcing yourself to go? The reason I ask is because you mention gas, and that is very indicative of over-exertion of the bowels.

Go right when you feel like it, keep yourself distracted like perhaps read a book, but don't strain and don't go too long.

Again, eat alot of fiber and if you can't stomach fruit, perhaps take a supplement. Always hydrate, this is important, when your body is ready to have a BM then it pulls all the water it can from your body to the bowel in order to help the process go without strain. If there is not enough water, or you're over doing it on the stims like alcohol or caffeine which cause dehydration then of course you'll strain.

If it becomes more of a concern to handle, then perhaps see a doctor.

Lockey1995
26-04-16, 01:32
Sorry you're dealing with this again,

Googling definitely does not help and it only makes it worse. Google fuels the obsession and NEVER helps it.

Bowel movements are very sporadic and usually are only an issue for concern if like I said before, there is a DRASTIC CHANGE, like constant dark bloody stools, no stools at all for days or constant watery stools for weeks up to 10 times an hour. And even then depending on factors it could be something minor.

Do you find yourself anticipating going? Like you are just looking and getting anxious and then forcing yourself to go? The reason I ask is because you mention gas, and that is very indicative of over-exertion of the bowels.

Go right when you feel like it, keep yourself distracted like perhaps read a book, but don't strain and don't go too long.

Again, eat alot of fiber and if you can't stomach fruit, perhaps take a supplement. Always hydrate, this is important, when your body is ready to have a BM then it pulls all the water it can from your body to the bowel in order to help the process go without strain. If there is not enough water, or you're over doing it on the stims like alcohol or caffeine which cause dehydration then of course you'll strain.

If it becomes more of a concern to handle, then perhaps see a doctor.

Yes you're correct my anxiety has sort have been forcing me to go even when I don't urgently need to go, I feel more relaxed again now I just go through the roof every now and then about it. It feels like its hardened up a bit now after going earlier I think most of it is gone I just have allot of wind atm in general. I hope it goes back to normal tommorow. Thanks for commenting on here it has helped me a bit and as you said it's probably ibs or anxiety in General.