PDA

View Full Version : Hi, i'm new to this!

Chickadee
09-03-07, 00:11
Hi everyone - at long last after many months of regularly checking out the forums on this site as a reader, i have finally managed to actually register, mainly to say thanks to everyone, as reading other peoples problems has pushed me to seek professional help.

Briefly, I have been suffering from what i thought was health anxiety, which turns out to be GAD (is there a difference?!?!), for 2 years. I have been attending CBT for 4 weeks now and it has really helped, although these past couple of weeks have been a bit tough!!

Anyway, i'm here now and i'm not even sure i'm doing this properly, so some encouragement would be great! I'll try to join in as much as possible once i have navigated my way around!

Take care everyone!

manmoor
09-03-07, 00:27
Hi Chick,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Karen
09-03-07, 00:37
Hi Chickadee

:welcome: to NMP.

Your first post worked fine so there is no need to worry on that account.

I too have just started CBT and find it really helpful.

Take your time and settle in here. You'll find there is plenty of support.

Karen x

libbie
09-03-07, 13:37
hiya, i can get confused with gad and health anxiety! what do you worry about? you will find some great comfort here, feel free to p.m. me anytime
take care
libbie x

trac67
09-03-07, 14:28
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends,

Take care

Trac xx

skylight2007
09-03-07, 16:26
welcome chick, glad your here!!! and hope the therapy goes well for you!!!! skylight

Dying_Swan
09-03-07, 17:52
Hi Chickadee.

Welcome to the site. I think it's great you are getting some CBT, and lovely that you are finding it helpful. I think there are minor differences in GAD and Health Anxiety, but it does seem that many of these things often go hand it hand and overlap a little. I was initially diagnosed with Panic Disorder, GAD (I think!), and mild OCD. If I were to diagnose myself now, I would go for Panic Disorder (now mild/moderate as opposed to it's previous severity), GAD, Health Anxiety, OCD and many others! I think they do overlap a lot, and I tend just to lump it all under 'anxiety'. Since treatment is generally the same, I 'try' not to get too worried about names, but just think it is all anxiety and can all be helped in the same way. Not sure if this makes any sense!?

Anyway....welcome and chat soon. I hope you are navigating successfully!

xxx

kittykat
10-03-07, 14:40
Hi there Chick,

Welcome to the site.

Take care

shirley xx

Piglet
10-03-07, 15:19
A big welcome to you :D

Piglet :flowers:

Pink Princess
10-03-07, 15:55
hey welcome to the site, dont worry about joining in just take your time. its lots of fun here and everyones friends. you will get good support. x x x take kare x x

nomorepanic
10-03-07, 16:29
Hi Chick

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great advice and support on here.

HA is specifically worries about health and dying etc. GAD is more about anxiety in general and not specifically about your health.

ricochet
11-03-07, 01:54
Hi Chickadee

now you have seeked help things can only get better......big warm welcome to the site......

Be safe
Rich

Lindalou64
16-03-07, 21:47
WELCOME CHICKADEE,
YOU WILL FIND LOTS OF SUPPORT AND INFO HERE I WISH YA THE BEST...........LINDA