PDA

View Full Version : Having a good cry

Beckybecks
26-04-16, 10:08
Has anyone found that having a good cry helps to relieve panic and anxiety?

When I feel bad I'm often close to tears anyway and if I allow myself to have a good, noisy, messy cry it's as though it helps to release that build up of adrenaline. It certainly brings me some relief.

MrBen
26-04-16, 11:04
Hi Becky,

Sometimes I wish I could! Even when extremely stressed I find it difficult to cry. I can imagine it can be quite relieving however, its a way of getting that pent up emotion out!

CArl_34_m_UK
26-04-16, 12:59
I've always felt to detached to be able to cry. It almost feels like that's too much of 'normal' emotion. I wish I could just to give it a try and see if it brings me back to reality for a moment. Maybe it would give brain a bit of a reset.

Mindknot
26-04-16, 15:47
I think some researchers tested the hormones in tears and found that they contain high levels of cortisol - i.e. the stress hormone, so if you cry then you are indeed releasing some of it :)

Also, crying is knackering so it's a great way to get some sleep sometimes.

Buster70
27-04-16, 20:00
Cried every day last week at some point of the day after my dog died , went to a family funeral today and didn't cry , being a man if I have a blub it's usually in the shower in private , never saw my dad cry ever he probably did it in private to , it does help to let it out every now and then , sometimes have a really loud scream when I'm driving on a country road looks mental but let's it out and feels good primal scream , aaaaaHHHHHHHHHHH .