PDA

View Full Version : moving from 10-20mg whats it like

Beckie4567
26-04-16, 11:40
After seeing the docter today I'm going up to 20mg .i was very lucky when I started with very little side effects and am hoping to be the sane moving to 20 has anyone jumped to 20 and felt the benefit

Mojo61
26-04-16, 12:28
I would like to know the answer too. I will have been on 10mg for a month at the end of this week and I'm sure my doctor will want me to increase to 20mg as I'm not really noticing much improvement on 10.

How long have you been on 10mg for Beckie, and have you improved?

R1CH
26-04-16, 13:28
After seeing the docter today I'm going up to 20mg .i was very lucky when I started with very little side effects and am hoping to be the sane moving to 20 has anyone jumped to 20 and felt the benefit

Hi Beckie

I would say if you didn't get any side effects on 10 you will probably be ok. Some people are ultra sensitive to SSRIs and others are not. When I first started cit over 15 years ago I didn't really get any side effects except I yawned a bit and felt a bit tired but no anxiety etc.

I just increased from 30 to 40mg, its only my second day but so far I feel ok and no side effects although yesterday was a very down day for me. Today seems a contrast, just goes to show how quickly things can improve.

Good luck

Rich:bighug1:

Beckie4567
26-04-16, 16:17
Thankyou for your reply's I've been on 10 mg for bout 2 1/2 months was starting to feel better but now feel flat again so that's why I'm upping it in hope I feel even better mine was a bad case so I no its guna be hard but I have improved from what I was .

Elen
26-04-16, 17:40
Hi Beckie

Funny I was just thinking about you this morning and was going to drop you a line to see how you were doing.

Hopefully the 20mg will help you carry on with the improvements you have already made.

Increase in dose tends to cause less problems than the initial starting up side effects, so here's hoping you don't notice the difference.

pollynewsome
26-04-16, 20:33
Hello, i was at 10mg for 4weeks with no side affects and then increased to 20mg and every side affect going:( today is my third week and now i am clenching my jaw and grinding my teeth. Not experienced this before and not even sure it a side affect but its very annoying and painful. Everyone is different and i guess i am sensitive to anti ds. i tried Prozac and was very poorly, i Tried Sertraline and gradually got worse.. this so far has been the easiest to tolerate but still very hard! Im hoping that the next few week things will get easier:) My friend and some others i chat with had no side affects on increase so you may well be a lucky one!

Beckie4567
27-04-16, 20:05
I was very lucky wen I started them as I had very little side effects so I'm hoping itl be the same with the increase

Beckie4567
01-05-16, 17:27
Well I'm few days in to 20mg few episodes of dizziness and palpitations but apart from that not to bad how long before 20 kicks in anyone no x

swgrl09
01-05-16, 23:58
Probably a couple weeks just like when you started ... Glad to see it has helped so far!

HopelessWorrier2011
02-05-16, 22:45
Hi Beckie, firstly I want to say how fantastic I think your doing and keep going. From experience I would say give it four weeks for your dosage to kick in and I can guarantee you will feel the difference. Look how far you have come on 10 mg. You are well on your way to beating this deliberating anxiety you have been experiencing. I wish you all the luck in the world x

pollynewsome
03-05-16, 13:37
im almost 4 weeks at 20mg and feeling much better.. Side affects less and less. Still getting some anxiety but nothing like it was. Im planning staying at 20mg for another 4 week and if i still think i could improve i may go to 30mg! Keep strong all. x

Mojo61
03-05-16, 18:14
Oh well done Polly, I was only thinking about you today and wondering how you were getting on with your increase!

I'm very glad to hear that things seem to be settling down for you now, long may it continue.:yesyes:

pollynewsome
03-05-16, 20:34
Ty Mojo61, how are you doing? ok i hope. x

Mojo61
03-05-16, 20:46
Still beavering away on the 10mg lol :roflmao:

Beckie4567
03-05-16, 22:53
Thankyou hopeless that's a lovely message I'm def on a better place not quite there but clearly better than I was.its very strange I almost feel no emotion.like I can think if u no what I mean its odd �� thankyou for everyone's kind words x

Beckie4567
05-05-16, 21:14
Its very strange I don't really feel a difference between 10-20 at mo does anyone know if it will take a little time to feel more from the 20 or shud I get relief straight away its been 5 days

Beckie4567
06-05-16, 10:07
Does anyone no if I can have a drink with these pills im not a heavy drinker at all but wandered if I cud have one or two

danithegirl
06-05-16, 14:01
5 days isn't long, so it makes sense that you would feel the same. At least you're not having crazy side effects!

As far as drinking, I usually wait until I'm starting to feel like my normal self before I have a drink or two. It's not recommended that you drink while on medication, but as long as you're not a heavy drinker or not drinking every night, it shouldn't be an issue.

Suziewuzie
06-05-16, 16:51
I've drank on them a fair few times. Gives me baaad hangovers but that's the only difference I found x

MyNameIsTerry
07-05-16, 06:26
Its very strange I don't really feel a difference between 10-20 at mo does anyone know if it will take a little time to feel more from the 20 or shud I get relief straight away its been 5 days

Cit takes just under 8 days to become a stable dose anyway so it will be building through this period.

It will work just like your last dose in that initially it will be boosting Serotonin in the space between receptors and a longer term change in that it will prevent as much be re-used by the "sending" receptor which means the "receiving" receptor has more time to use it up. This latter effect can take the month we often associate with these meds, the former happens quickly.

Like has been said, being able to go up without feeling like you are losing your mind is a massive bonus! The rest will come with some time.

---------- Post added at 06:26 ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 ----------

Does anyone no if I can have a drink with these pills im not a heavy drinker at all but wandered if I cud have one or two

Whilst they advise to refrain, they also state to limit alcohol if you do drink it. I've always lived by the rule that I don't drink unless I'm in a good place in my recovery. Once I was, when I was on Cit, my GP said moderation was fine. I really think he would have said no if I was still in a bad place. So, if you are feeling a lot better, it might be fine but it's so individual that it's really a matter of testing it out. Just try slowly, don't go on a big session until you know how it makes you feel.

Mixing alcohol with Cit can just cause some side effects like dizziness, drowsiness, etc. Also, alcohol causes Serotonin to spike which probably accounts for why some of us feel so bad the next day, and quantity will place a big part in that. So, if it's just a couple of casual brews, hopefully you will be fine.