PDA

View Full Version : Need help/advice

Lamour
26-04-16, 18:15
Hi everyone,

After years of dealing with anxiety and its physical manifestations, I feel like I've hit a kind of 'rock bottom'. The last month, I've been struggling with breathing issues, which isn't new per se, but this time involves some slight wheezing and coughing and what just generally feels like new and unsettling sensations in the chest/lungs.

Early on I got blood work and chest X Ray and was told it didn't look like anything was wrong. Of course my anxious mind tells me the results must be wrong! :/ (Yes i know this is illogical, but y'know...)

Now after weeks, I feel like symptoms have gotten worse (although I acknowledge that could be because of stress-- I've had a ton of panic attacks in the past few weeks), and now I have tons of body aches that feel like the flu. I also started period symptoms quite early this month, including very painful cramps last night (and yes, these were definitely menstrual cramps-- fellow women can understand that you know the difference!), but still no actual period.

It seems like every single thing I feel is adding up to the 'mystery illness' list, and then each day I somehow feel worse. I'm definitely spiralling, but I just can't seem to get that 'good day' I need to bounce back, and of course my mind is still convinced something is WRONG. I'm driving people crazy I know, and feel totally out of control of my emotions.

Please any advice or insight could really help me. Thank you!!!

Fedup79
26-04-16, 20:12
I feel your pain. I had blood test at the end of feb that were normal but cant shake the feeling of something sinister. But there is a website called anxietycentre and the list of symptoms really helped me yesterday as italso explains why anxiety can cause these symptoms. Ive an appt with my own GP on friday to discuss EVERYTHING thats been going on and see what he says and what can be done. Just need to keep going until then. Anxiety is a horrendous condition xx