PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation techniques/tips for stress/anxiety

KatiePink
26-04-16, 18:30
Just wanted to do a thread to see if anybody can share any relaxation tips they have, anything and everything that can relieve stress both mentally and physically, from baths to breathing exercises.

I know how important it is to 'relax' and i thought i spent a lot of time relaxing but have realized that i never am truly relaxed and this has a real affect on me physically.

So what helps you relax or what techniques are you aware of?

Suziewuzie
27-04-16, 11:30
Guided meditation works the best for me. I looove to lie down, light some candles and listen to someone telling me I'm walking along a beautiful beach or whatever.
I also find body scanning really relaxing too.
Recently I treated myself to a professional massage which was lovely.
When I'm particularly anxious I find doing crosswords takes my mind off it for a while.

FamilyMan
01-05-16, 13:56
Guided meditation is good for me too. I use the Calm app, just the free stuff. I tend only to bother with it when I'm already feeling anxious, so should probably keep it up even when I'm well.

Another thing that helps is to imagine I'm swimming front crawl and I am breathing at the rhythm of a gentle swim. Big breath in then gentle long breath out as if face in the water. If you are a "head up" swimmer this won't work for you!

Suziewuzie
01-05-16, 20:41
I find the calm app useful too, and I also find just sitting & practising breathing methods really relaxing - in for 4, hold for 5, release for 6.

indigogardens
18-05-16, 04:11
I use calm app as well, it's very useful, another app i use is called meditation studio,

Mugs
18-05-16, 04:42
Hi
Guided imagery meditations really irritate me!
Not relaxing at all, anybody else feel like this and if so what works for you?
Thanks
Mugs

Worried_Male
05-07-16, 12:46
I find just listening to waterfalls or any water sound helps me personally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qo3OM5sPUPM