PDA

View Full Version : Not been here for long time!!!!!

shelley1813
27-04-16, 06:46
Hello anyone who can advice me I would love to hear from u. I have a round lump under my tongue not sure for how long could be years months or weeks not sure if always thought it was the make up of my mouth!!! Keep poking it and messing with my tongue with it. Went to GP she said she was 100% sure it was a cyst still worried gone to dentist and she said she thinks it's a salivary gland but going to refer me to put my mind at rest. I'm soooo scared it's oral cancer and if Iv had it a while it will have spread. Go for regular dentist check ups was only there in June. Any advice I can't sleep for worrying

---------- Post added at 06:46 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

Any1 please

Fedup79
27-04-16, 13:04
Trust your GP, she wouldnt say she was that sure it was a cyst if she had any doubt about it. If your still really concerned book a check up with your dentist and get them to have a look. I could be wrong (im trying to avoid google just now as i have my own big c concerns) but if itd was cancer and had been there for years and spread i think youd be very very ill or worse by now. Its easier said than done i know but try to trust ypur doctor and relax xx

shelley1813
11-07-16, 20:10
Update. Only just got my app. Through for the lump on 26th of July. That will be 14 weeks in total since going to dentist. They said if thought it was anything suspicious they refer u to be seen in 2 weeks. I'm so scared. The lump hasn't changed. I just can't stop thinking it's salivary gland cancer.

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:40 ----------

Any1 any advice x

Noivous
11-07-16, 22:07
If it were cancer it would have gotten worse in the last 3 months. I like the Dr's 100% diagnosis. Stick with that. You are fine.

N.

geezer46
12-07-16, 17:12
If your doctor says she is certain it is not cancer trust her and breathe a sigh of relief and believe her not easy i know when you have h/a but try,best wishes to you.