PDA

View Full Version : Neck pain

Fedup79
27-04-16, 10:34
Hi guys ive seen a few of us have neck pain and just wondering where others get it?

Im more the back of my neck behind ears and a tight ache near the front has developed today (although had an edoscopy on monday so think just after pain from that) Well thats what rational side says. Iratfional side is full of big c :/

Fedup79
27-04-16, 16:10
Anyone? Seem to be very sensitive/tender under chin now aswell. Just want to scream about it all and feel normal again!!!!!! Xx

Beckybecks
27-04-16, 17:50
I've had neck pain / stiff neck for about three months now. I know it's because I have extreme anxiety. I had it when I was very stressed once before and did the whole Doctor/ tests/physio thing. Even wore a neck brace. When my anxiety lifted, so did the neck pain....

What I do to relieve it is place a heat pad in the microwave and then wear it like a scarf. It does help.

I know how you feel when you say you wants be normal. I'm only really happy when I don't have a single twinge in my body. But that's not really possible with anxiety as we tense all our muscles without even realizing. The more pain, the more anxiety and the more anxiety the more pain.........

Fedup79
27-04-16, 18:17
And then the vicious cycle continues :( Its so infurating. Like i say think i might have a cold starting (dd and my coysin have it) so logically throat pain could be from that and endoscopy but of course that all gets squashed out by the demmonds :(

Beckybecks
27-04-16, 18:22
Yes but now that you understand that and can reason with yourself and can gain more control.
I have awful HA but I know I have to deal with it or I would spend my life in bed or at the Doctors.

Every symptom I feel, I set myself a challenge. Can I walk to the shops? Yes? Then I'm not dying yet. Can I eat? Can I talk normally to people?

Or I say: right I'm giving this symptom a week. If it's something serious then it'll get worse and I'll see a Doctor. But I'll wait a week before I take any notice.

Fedup79
27-04-16, 18:55
I am getting more in control of it, slowly. But have an appt with my gp on fri for results and to speak to him regarding anxiety and loads of pther things that are going on (particulary a goitre i have that seems to be getting bit bigger (also where acheing has started today)) Just trying to remain calm and tell myself its anxiety related and that theres no point in panicking until i see dr. Slowly getting somewhere i think