PDA

View Full Version : Seriously Anxious!

Freaky Chick
09-03-07, 09:33
How's this for weird?

I really want to get into chat room, but i'm scared - i didn't know you could get agorophobia online as well. I sit at my computer, trying to summon up the courage and it won't come.

I feel really silly, but my fear of people just won't let me click on the link, i get all panicky and anxious and stuff.

Can anyone help?:weep: :sad: :confused: :weep:

Freaky chick

jo61
09-03-07, 09:52
Please don't be afraid to click into the chat room. There are generally not many people on it in the morning. No-one will judge you in there and you'll be made welcome. If you don't fell like typing, no-one will make you. In the past when I've been very anxious, the one thing I could do was appear in there and just 'listen' and contribute if I felt up to it.

Good luck

newgirlj
09-03-07, 12:52
hi
i just went on there today 1st time i have same prob as u i pushed myself to do it and was uncomfy at 1st but that was my anx the people were really nice and put me at ease i feel better for doing it when ur ready just click like jo says they dont make u chat etc
hope this helps j:hugs:

Paddington
09-03-07, 13:24
hey hun,i've been here a year and still dont go into chat,i am even shy in a virtual world!!!It willhappen when it's sposed to hun !:D xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

kimmy
09-03-07, 17:28
Hey try not to worry. Have you ever seen on the TV where they challenge people phobias- such as a phobia of baked beans........what they make him do to help cure it......hold a tin!!! Challenge that fear and click the link......we dont bite xxx

PUGLETMUM
09-03-07, 20:19
awww, im sorry your feeling like this, and i hope it makes you feel better to know i can have full blown panics while on this site and i have had them while in chat room and as soon as i go in!! but i just stick with it and it passes.

i think you are very brave to bring it up, and i hope now you can come in there.

luv emma xxxx

nomorepanic
10-03-07, 17:16
You can just go in and read and not join in. People won't mind atall.

Give it a go or come in on a Saturday night for the quiz night so u can join in with that and not have to really chat to people as such.

Good luck.

Nibbles
10-03-07, 19:27
Hi FC,

The chat room is a really friendly place and everyone will make you feel friendly when you're ready to come in. Lots of people go into the chat room and just read what others are typing so people won't think you're rude if that's what you want to do. I go in a lot so if it helps you can PM me and arrange a time to go in for a one to one chat.

Take care, :)