PDA

View Full Version : Strange head feeling and spaced out

WTW12
28-04-16, 09:30
Hi been suffering with health anxiety for a while now, had a bad period since January.
All started because I felt constantly spaced out, I would be talking to someone and felt like I was just staring at them like a crazy person and just couldn't concentrate completely not there.
Everything was slow motion and my head was really heavy and dizzy.
I also was experiencing like a weird ache at the top of my neck where it meets for skull so I am unsure whether it is my head or neck..but it would ache strangely and make my head feel as if it was rocking back and forth and make me really dizzy.
I have suffered with headaches for a while aswell so this started to make me panic and then I did the thing of searching online and seeing brain tumour which made it a while lot worse.

I searched every symptom to try and diagnose myself as healthy but it just made me feel worse and I got obsessed with it.

Since then the spaced out and head feeling has continued as have a whole load of symptoms

Headaches most days
Weird heavy pressure ache in back of neck and skull makes me feel dizzy spaced out rocking sensation sometimes turns into headache
Can't concentrate on tasks
Mentally tired
Eye floaters - had 2 eye tests both ok

More recent
Muscle twitching - left eye almost all day lately
Arm ache
Ear ringing
Eyes are sensitive to light

I had time of work lately and at first I felt worse and anxiety was bad, was given anti depressants but didn't want to take them. Then I started feeling better, the spaced out feeling and the weird neck ache feeling and dizziness got better for around 7 days.

I have just gone back to work and it is a lot worse again, I seem to wake up ok then I get to work and bang suddenly I am completely spaced out, looking at people thinking I am starting like crazy, head and neck pressure start.

I just don't understand how anxiety can cause this head and neck strange feeling and spaced out.

And why would it be worse when I am at work? Isn't anxiety meant to ease off when you are busy? Why would it get worse for no apparent reason at work? It seems to come on anytime I need to concentrate?

I can't explain the neck and back of head pressure it's hard to describe I just makes me really worry about a brain tumour or something in the back of my head or neck because I suffer from headaches too.

Anyone had anything similar? Been to docs or neurologist?

I go to neurologist on may 25th but it seems a age away when I feel like this.

ankietyjoe
28-04-16, 11:14
Everything you describe is familiar to me and common among anxiety sufferers.

The neck pain is most likely caused by muscle tension, which will in turn make headaches more likely. I also find that increased muscle tension makes my tinnitus much worse.

It's worth noting that using the internet to look for answers is the single worst thing you can do. There is no upside to self diagnosis as you will almost certainly self diagnose cancer or something equally terrifying.

The best thing to do is try and ignore it and wait for the Dr's appointment.