PDA

View Full Version : Selfish.

zippy
28-04-16, 14:11
Does anyone else feel selfish? I am worrying about OC and my liver after my bloods show hormones are abnormal and my ALT was high. My partners friend has Lung cancer and lives away and been on the phone telling my partner about his treatment etc and i can't listen to it without a feeling of dread of panic about myself. He is all upbeat and laughing and joking. When i feel like this i can't bear to watch an advert about it because i think it's a sign or omen that i have it this time.
Having an ultrasound next week and hoping if it was serious there would be things like white blood cells off as well.

countrygirl
28-04-16, 16:06
Health anxiety is selfish, but not on purpose, its just the nature of the mental condition. Someone depressed is miserable but they can't help it and this is no different.

Hang onto the fact that the reasons for your iffy blood tests are much more likely to be from either nothing of something not life threatening in the least than they are from anything nasty.

KLM
28-04-16, 21:44
I spend a lot of time feeling selfish. I have to stay away from anything medical as it sends me into a panic. Don't know how all these health anxiety sufferers spend time on Google - wild horses couldn't get me on to look!! It is what it is. Be honest with people and explain your illness and they understand.
As for your scan next week. Try not to worry about something that hasn't happened yet. Us women have wonky hormones all the time and I'm sure that is all it is. You will be fine xx

ServerError
28-04-16, 22:02
This degree of self-criticism will only get in the way of recovery.

We all need to be kind to ourselves and to forgive. Anxiety sufferers are almost always good people at heart in my experience. Give yourself a break. It's hard enough without feeling selfish.