PDA

View Full Version : Long time no see

Laura123
28-04-16, 22:01
I just had an email from a member asking advice. I had forgot I was even in this group, it's been a few years since I was last here. I suffered crippling anxiety and was a mess when I found no more panic and I couldn't see any way out of the daily battle I was having with myself. I just wanted to let you guys know that even though You may be feeling hopeless right now, I promise you, things can and will get better. I took my meds religiously, still do though on a very low dose, I felt the fear and I did it anyway when it came to going back out into shops, social settings etc. I realised that no amount of therapy or talking or googling was going to fix me, I had to fix myself, if anxiety is learned, then I believed it could be undone and slowly, things started getting better. There is hope for you, never believe that there isn't. Wishing you all a speedy recovery with hugs from me xxx

P.s. If you had told me 3 years ago that I would be sitting here right now, almost ready to graduate at almost 40, I would never have believed you. If you felt the fear and did it anyway, what would you do? :) xx