View Full Version : Glad today is almost over

CeeCeeCee
28-04-16, 23:32
I am glad its almost tomorrow, its been an awful day for me. How do people cope when its a rollercoaster of fear, panic and feeling ill all in a short time?
Its the feeling ill I hate, I'm beginning to think this is at the root of my anxiety. I so dread being ill that I panic at the least symptom. Doctor says my head pain is probably a sinus infection, yet still I am getting thoughts that it feels worse than that. Why just probably?
Is it only me who is like that?

Carnation
28-04-16, 23:55
No CeeCeeCee. That's why we understand how you are feeling.x

Do you do meditation or yoga? That can help. :)

CeeCeeCee
29-04-16, 00:00
I know, you're right Carnation. I've done yoga before, I think it's maybe an idea to start it again, I've become quite dormant lately, need to get more activity into my days. I need a push.
Hoping I sleep ok, I'm tired enough so I should, but often wake in the night and feel anxious.
Thanks again for your support 👍🙂

ServerError
29-04-16, 00:10
Have you ever read anything by Claire Weekes or Paul David? Obviously, there's no guarantee they could help you, but if you were to ask me how I cope amidst panic, anxiety and feeling ill, the information and advice contained in their books would be my answer.

Of course, there's also therapy and medication to consider.

Carnation
29-04-16, 00:27
Listening to Claire Weekes Apps can help you a lot CeeCeeCee. x

swgrl09
29-04-16, 00:54
I agree with meditation and yoga ... I used to be plagued by thoughts like that - every symptom I'd obsess over. Meds, therapy, and yoga have been my road to recovery.

Lin71
29-04-16, 06:27
Another vote for yoga and meditation... it really can help to relax you mind. And walking! Lots of walks out in the fresh air, this works every time for me if I'm feeling stressed out.

Lin xx

TinyTina
29-04-16, 12:00
CeeCeeCee it's like you're my hypochondriac twin! I too panic every single day and hate being alone. I've also become extremely dormant and fear going anywhere afraid something will happen while out in public. I've tried yoga and meditation like everyone is suggesting but its like my anxiety finds its way to my thoughts and I cannot relax at all.

At this point I feel like I'm all out of options. I fear medicine and I can't get to a doctor. Even if I could get to one I'm beyond the word afraid of what they might tell me is going on in my body.

CeeCeeCee
30-04-16, 12:28
CeeCeeCee it's like you're my hypochondriac twin! I too panic every single day and hate being alone. I've also become extremely dormant and fear going anywhere afraid something will happen while out in public. I've tried yoga and meditation like everyone is suggesting but its like my anxiety finds its way to my thoughts and I cannot relax at all.

At this point I feel like I'm all out of options. I fear medicine and I can't get to a doctor. Even if I could get to one I'm beyond the word afraid of what they might tell me is going on in my body.

Hi Tina, yes it seems like it for sure. I wasn't too bad yesterday but today not as good. My tablets for the infection are making me feel sick, but I have a lingering thought that it is because its something else.
I have to take them on an empty stomach so it is most likely that.
I hope you manage to have a nice weekend and the sun shines for you wherever you are.

---------- Post added at 12:28 ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 ----------

I read a Claire Weeks book years ago, it was really good. I haven't ready any since although I did get a hold of the same book to take another look at that. I hadn't realised there was an app so I will download that for certain (thanks Carnation)
My head seems less sore today but I'm still on painkillers, also decongestion tablets.

Also, my nose has blood now when I blow it so I'm hoping that is a good sign, ie; that it is an infection starting to clear up, anyone else had this with sinus/colds? Sinus infection is what the doc said and the pain is mostly around that area and the top of my head that I have the pain so as time passes I'm thinking it surely must just be that, horrible though it feels to have it.
Anyway, thank you all for your help and replies, it does make a difference :-)

CeeCeeCee
30-04-16, 21:21
[QUOTE=ServerError;1548784]Have you ever read anything by Claire Weekes or Paul David?

Hi, I've tried to get the Claire Weekes app but can't find it, does Paul David have one too maybe do you know? I'm feeling a bit anxious again tonight as my head is hurting again and I'm feeling a bit sickly, I thought I'd maybe try one.

swgrl09
30-04-16, 22:37
If you are interested in doing any yoga, this is a great video for anxiety and stress that I come back to very often.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJbRpHZr_d0&list=PLui6Eyny-Uzw1DKEgFQZ5m38iZAXF1Xk5&index=19

23fish
30-04-16, 23:28
Paul David has a website - adjustability. He has also written 2 books: At Last a Life and At Last a Life and beyond. All really useful and easy to read x

---------- Post added at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was at 23:26 ----------

Sorry, incorrect! Website is anxietynomore

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:27 ----------

And again! Autocorrect!