PDA

View Full Version : Piercing and sepsis??

melmeow
29-04-16, 02:45
Okay so I've had my navel pierced for 4 years and it's always been somewhat mildly irritated. I've never taken really good care of it and that's completely my fault. Anyways, I've already dealt with the green/yellow discharge sometimes and pain. Nothing that I've noted that as been really bad at, the discharge has probably been the worst honestly and that only lasted for a few days. I've recently been looking for ways to heal on various websites and now I'm treating my piercing but I came across a site that said if you ignore an infection then you could end up with sepsis which goes into your bloodstream and have the potential to die. I've been diagnosed with Vaginitis lately and been giving 500mg 2x a day of metronidazole which I've read can treat many infections. Since I'd had on/off irritation, have I been living this long with sepsis and no symptoms and one day the symptoms will come out of nowhere? Could my antibiotics help my piercing? I'm one step away from doing bloodwork or something. I've gone to the doctor before when my piercing was a little angry but she said it didn't look very bad, actually mild and said to just keep cleaning it. Am I exaggerating? Could I have some infection spread somewhere and not know it?? Help please! I would like to take this sucker out so bad bc I can't deal with this but that'll make things worse
:unsure:

Fishmanpa
29-04-16, 03:02
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=183365

I would just start taking better care of your personal hygiene concerning the piercing tbh. If it still causes you distress, take it out. What's the big deal?

Positive thoughts

melmeow
29-04-16, 07:59
Well if you suspect if anything is wrong with a piercing, you can't simply take it out and assume you'll be okay because an abscess could form.
I mean, I'm treating it now twice a day but I fear that my irritation could travel into the bloodstream hence sepsis although the bad discharge seems to be gone.
Typical hypochondria, you know? :wacko: