PDA

View Full Version : So I made it!

MrTense
29-04-16, 15:17
So basically I had some bad anxiety, not cripling but enough to bother me quite a fair bit. I'm not saying it is cured but I have some positive news I hope will motivate others.

I got offered a job teaching in Thailand a few months back and yesterday was the day it came for me to leave.

I never take medication but for the flight I had a few diazepam and a beater blocker and the 17 hour journey was a bliss.

I arrived in Thailand and went to my apartment the school set up for me and paid my £300 deposit. After minutes of being there I noticed it was not a place to live so had to leave, they say they will refund my bank but let's just see.

I then had to get in a taxi homless to Bangkok to find a room for the night whilst contacting the school to find me an alternative apartment. Currently I am living in a random hostel, alone with no idea how I will find a place to live next to where I should be teaching.

All of my fears for the trip have occured yet for some weird reason despite it all going majorly wrong my anxiety has decided to not kick in.

I guess my point is we spend so much time worrying about "what ifs" and when them what ifs do happen we always as humans manage to deal with them.

I am by no means cured but my message to everyone is to do that crazy plan anxiety has stopped you doing because it will never get any worse.

I type this from a hostel in Bangkok unaware of what tommorow brings.

Arran7225
29-04-16, 19:31
That's great news. Was thinking you may post when you arrive :)

That's great about the anxiety not kicking in :yesyes:

Hope you get a new room sorted tomorrow.