PDA

View Full Version : LOSING IT

Chinaski85
29-04-16, 16:32
I know, this is the third thread im posting on this board in a short time but today is absolutely the worst day of my life.

I googled symptoms (and stories) of pancreas cancer and they match mine to a t. I have all of them besides jaundice. Pain in the right side of my abdomen just below the ribs is getting worse and its radiating to the back. Sometimes its unremiting. My stool is extremely greasy, pale and floats on water, with mucus all over which is definitely not a sign of IBS but of malabsorbtion of fat. I have no apetite anymore, am nauseated and dizzy most of the time and cant eat anything so Im losing weight rapidly. Previously I thought something is wrong with my bowels but i was just wrong.

6 months ago (and then 3 months ago again) I had an episode when I was vomiting all night and had terrible diarrhea. I thought it was a stomach virus and now here we are. All classic signs and all the pancreatic cancer survivors went through all of this as well.

I have an ultrasound in 14 days but i already know what its going to be. My psyche just cannot produce all of these symptoms. My grandmother died of pancreatic cancer in her fifties. Im not gonna make it out of this. Now i almost wish i had bowel cancer as the chances of survival are a lot better.

To top it off my girlfriend contacted me today and told me her mother was just diagnosed with metastatic cancer.

Im alone, in terrible pain and likely nearing a devastating diagnosis. I can barely breathe. I dont wanna die as i didnt accomplish anything in life. If somebody is out there who is willing to PM please do, as I see no way out.

chatty girl
29-04-16, 18:46
Oh you poor thing, please don't give up hope, I know I'm a fine one to talk, sending lots of hugs xxxx

Pastycakes
29-04-16, 19:01
I'm sorry you're going through that. I have the pain in my right side under my ribs as well. It's very tender and I'm always miserable after I eat, so I don't eat much. I've also lost weight recently as well. I have gallstones though. Have they checked your gallbladder? I'm sure they will with the ultrasound. It could definitely be that.

almamatters
29-04-16, 19:09
There are many illnesses that can cause these symptoms and not just pancreatic cancer. Google will always come up with the worst case scenario. I've had similar symptoms over the years and have had Acid Reflux, IBS and gastris. Sorry you are feeling like this.