PDA

View Full Version : Help i'm having a panic attack!!

Petesy
29-04-16, 18:09
Hi everyone

I've been out shopping with my partner, and felt very apprehensive about the size of the place and it started creeping in my head all eyes were on me I've been having a massive panic attack since fleeing back home..just can't seem to calm down and it's getting pretty frightening! Shaking so bad..twitching..numbness..vertigo..feel like I'm outside myself looking in sounds stupid but i can only describe it this atm miracle I've even got this far with the thread..:scared15:

Thanks

Petesy.

xBettyBoopx
29-04-16, 23:27
Hi Petesy

I see you're offline, I hope you are feeling better now after the bad panic attack. They are horrible, aren't they? But we always get through them:D

Petesy
30-04-16, 18:22
Thanks for your kind reply betty boo

Yeah i got through it but it's lingered on to the next day now i find myself right back in the situation again! Same symptoms.. I feel like I'm losing my mind :scared15:

---------- Post added at 18:15 ---------- Previous post was at 18:12 ----------

Just having someone to talk to other than my family because it's like i feel as though i bother ppl with my problems forgetting they have their own but this site let's us unite for each other.

Help :scared15:

---------- Post added at 18:16 ---------- Previous post was at 18:15 ----------

Really thank you betty boop

---------- Post added at 18:22 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

You took your time to leave a message, even when i was offline.. I had to be taken off to the gp i was prescribed diazepam 14/2mg this is how bad it is right now...and now I'm in the same attack as yesterday and it's getting the better of me again which is making me angry aswell just because i had it yesterday and nothing happened i was ok but i can't say it to myself because of the panic is in full swing.

Samantha choc lover
30-04-16, 19:26
Hi Petesy

So glad you went to gp. Panic attacks are very scary but they cannot harm you. All of the symptoms you described are normal under the circumstances. Have you suffered with them for long? X

xBettyBoopx
30-04-16, 23:35
Hi Petesy

Sorry you're having such a bad time lately. 2mg of valium is a low dose but if you've never taken anything before they should help.

Have you read the information here on NMP about panic attacks? Have you read any of Dr Claire weekes books? We need to arm ourselves with as much information about why we have these episodes and what we can do about them. Knowledge is power:winks:

Panic disorder is very scary, if I had a pound for every pa I'd had......well I'd be a millionaire:ohmy::ohmy:

A panic attacks is brought on by the adrenaline and our bodies can only make so much at one time, so the pa will subside. Nothing will happen when you are having a pa anyway, they cannot harm you, they are just frightening. The more attention you give them, the more control they have over you, so you take the control back and live your life as you want to! I know that's so much easier said than done, isn't it?:scared15:

Take care

xBettyx/Els

Petesy
01-05-16, 03:59
Hi Samantha

Yeah i was a state in the GPS probably why he's prescribed me diazepam had too take 2 tonight because it came bk bigger this time, 15 years (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and (PTSD) the ptsd happened 6 years ago but you'd be amazed by how traumatic events can have an impact so long..so strange..Probably worse on a already highly sensitised person for e g me.

Hope you're doing well Samantha

Take care

Petesy x

---------- Post added at 03:59 ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 ----------

Hi betty boop

Thanks again..

Yeah he said if i still don't feel calm too take 3 2mg diazepam at once in a panic attack but emergency only!

They helped greatly..I've got Claire Weekes "self help for your nerves"

I was giving it way to much attention.. And it happened same time tonight..same everything and for the life of me i couldn't get it into my head that I'd taking the same attack as last night and nothing happened to me, because my whole body was going full throttle and mind 100mph... I did my usual relaxation relief for anxiety on YouTube. Trying to breathe right etc..

And i thank you for the advice betty boop I'll take it on board :hugs:

Hope all is well with you too. And thanks for the support.

Take care

Petesy. x

Petesy
03-05-16, 23:01
OMG it's back full swing wtf I'm losing the plot here anyone there!! I can hardly breathe l..feel like I'm gonna pass out!!!

---------- Post added at 22:25 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

Help please..??

---------- Post added at 22:36 ---------- Previous post was at 22:25 ----------

Anyone please this is getting beyond a joke :scared15::scared15::scared15::scared15:

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:36 ----------

Honestly i really don't know how much more of these i can take getting really F*****g sick of you anxiety you you don't control me..i control me...I'm a wellbeing person...The deeper i breathe the more relaxed i feel...i am now releasing my panic attack do your worst you stupid chemical misfiring in my brain..be gone imbalance..be gone!! Please please please because life's too short!!.......

xBettyBoopx
04-05-16, 00:32
Hi Petesy

You're going to be fine. Read your last statement again!

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:49 ----------

Grab your Dr Claire Weekes book and read and re-read the passages on panic attacks and about breathing.

---------- Post added 04-05-16 at 00:32 ---------- Previous post was 03-05-16 at 23:52 ----------

I was here but I have to go now sorry. Hope you are feeling better now.

mindful anxiety
06-05-16, 16:53
When I go into panic attack mode I have to recenter to fully recover.

It helps me to find a quite place to calm down. Somewhere where there are no people talking or anything around. I nature hike often and I find that after about 30 min of enjoying the outdoors and just walking my mind goes blank. It just forgets people and stress and things began to center in my mind.

For me, its mental overload that culminates into a panic attack. I get overloaded with thoughts and stress to the point my body starts shorting out in weird ways.

I hope you start recovering soon.

Petesy
06-05-16, 20:08
I'd like to thank you all for your support and kind replies..I've been pretty much the same had too take 10mg of diazepam because it had went on for days and insomnia followed I'll take your advice on board :-)

I really appreciate it

Thanks

Petesy :bighug1::bighug1::bighug1: