PDA

View Full Version : Don't go to google

willowthelurcher
29-04-16, 23:14
I am constantly parnoid about my health. First cancer and now my heart. Most of the symptoms I read about I end up having! It's confusing and frightening.

Of course, I made a big mistake. I looked my symptoms up on google. Don't. The best places are some anxiety websites or forums like this where you can see other peoples feelings/experiences with anxiety. So anyway, I look up some symptoms. Of course I get them minutes later and I'm constantly shaking from panic. I'm even going to book a doctor! Reading some forums on here have really helped - I realised I'm not alone and what I'm experiencing is something others have felt too. I feel a lot calmer.

Moral of today. Don't go to google for help.

ServerError
29-04-16, 23:41
I haven't Googled a symptom in weeks. Finally figured out how anxiety has affected me physically and accepted that that is what I have. It's a huge relief.

I've lost all interest in Googling symptoms. If I'm ever to receive bad news about a symptom, I'll take it the old fashioned way - from a doctor.

Health anxiety has already brought conditions to my attention I never knew of before and wish I'd never heard of. I'm not looking to learn anymore. I'll leave medical research to the doctors again.