PDA

View Full Version : Life changed 2 months ago after a panic attack

pop31516
30-04-16, 00:12
Hello,

I am 29 years old. For the most part my life was good. I had minor anxiety and was shy but didn't really have panic attacks. That all changed one night.

One night while deep in thought I suffered a massive panic attack where I thought I had died, or I was a ghost. Silly thoughts, but it's like I thought about it too much and it got out of control. I was able to relax myself, but the next morning I was still panicking. Things got out of control and everything felt like I was in a dream. I continued having panic attacks.

The doctor gave me xanax and told me to see a therapist. The xanax helps in the short term, but my life has not been the same since. I have become agoraphobic, tired, and spaced out. Life just seems fake and it's like I am a ghost walking around. Or I am high all the time.

I was hoping this would go away by now but it has not gotten better. It's hard to go through each day.

I have cut out caffeine and alcohol and am trying to be healthy, in hopes that it will improve.

venusbluejeans
30-04-16, 00:19
Hiya pop31516 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

helloworld
30-04-16, 16:34
Hi pop....

I spiralled into agoraphobia following some panic attacks.... I'm now much much better... You should take a look at mindfulness meditation, I found it really transformative.

Hope you find the site useful and are feeling a little better!

Mark