PDA

View Full Version : scared of inhaling fumes from heated tablets?

eastofeden
01-05-16, 04:36
I know this is really strange and it might demonstrate how severe my anxiety is at the moment.

Basically one of my housemates left a bottle of multivitamin + mineral pills beside my laptop fan which gets quite hot. The bottle was sitting there for hours and when I touched it it was hot and now I'm worried the heat might have reacted or released some kind of gas from all the heavy minerals + metals. I was in that room for hours too so I could have been inhaling anything that was released from those pills. They have ingredients like iodine, selenium etc.

I was reading about certain minerals that have a vaporization temperature, and if you heat them up and inhale them they can be very toxic and overdose on them i.e. zinc, chromium, maganese etc. All those minerals are in those pills and there's like 60 pills in that one bottle. That's a lot of doses.

However, most of these minerals have vaporization/melting points of hundreds of degrees C, and I don't think my laptop fan is quite that hot! Still, it does get really hot and the plastic bottle was hot to the touch (think of when you leave a bottle in your car on a really sunny day and the temperature the plastic is when you touch it...that kind of hot) I'm really freaked out and I feel like that room is filled with vapors or whatever from heated tablets. I heard of a guy getting sick when he was soldering a piece of zinc, but obviously a soldering iron is extremely hot (like hundreds of degrees C) and can vaporize zinc into the air.

Am I being completely ridiculous or what?

Josh1234
01-05-16, 17:50
Yeah, definitely the anxiety, ha