PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations Only After Exercise - Does Anyone Here Also Suffer From This?

james1067
01-05-16, 11:20
I've recently been through a rough patch with health anxiety and I just need some reassurance. I suffer from occasional palpitations which usually occur after exercise (when my heart is slowing back down). I'm 19 and I have seen a few cardiologists over the past three years. Now I've had many heart tests which have come back clear for serious heart problems however ECG's, holter monitors and stress tests have picked up ectopics (PVC's and PAC's). They usually occur only after exercise. The only test I haven't had is an electrophysiology study which i'm seriously considering getting done but it is invasive.

My big issue is I've read many articles online such as this one http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/789903 which state ectopics during the recovery stage (when the heart is slowing down) are "prognostic" and associated with a doubling in mortality rates over a five year period. This of course isn't very reassuring and has worsened my HA. Ironically anxiety makes my palpitations significantly worse! Even though I've been reassured by doctors i'm not at any real risk of dropping dead from this, my ectopics still put me on edge. I find myself having to sit next to a defibrillator when i'm at my uni library to feel calm! My next topic at uni is cardiology as i'm studying medicine so I feel my HA is going to take a turn for the worst.

Is there anybody else here that gets palpitation mainly after exercise? If so, what have you been told my your doctors/cardiologists?