PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol anxiety

mufc1982
01-05-16, 11:35
Ive gone and done it again im lied here panicking about every little thing my mind can mull over about what happened last night and it feels like im going mad!i went out for a meal with my girlfriend i drank before i went to mask the anxiety but went too far and ended up drunk before we even got there.i acted the idiot while we where eating burping and swearing and my girlfriend says she was ashamed of me.we went back to a friends and i ended up drinking around 18 beers and making even more of a prat of myself.every time i drink this much i get this fear and panic.i wont move out of bed till tommorow we was meant to be going for a family meal today but i wont be able to go.it sounds so simple to just stop drinking but by next weekend ill forget how bad this feels and probably do it all over again

miserable git
15-05-16, 20:25
Ive gone and done it again im lied here panicking about every little thing my mind can mull over about what happened last night and it feels like im going mad!i went out for a meal with my girlfriend i drank before i went to mask the anxiety but went too far and ended up drunk before we even got there.i acted the idiot while we where eating burping and swearing and my girlfriend says she was ashamed of me.we went back to a friends and i ended up drinking around 18 beers and making even more of a prat of myself.every time i drink this much i get this fear and panic.i wont move out of bed till tommorow we was meant to be going for a family meal today but i wont be able to go.it sounds so simple to just stop drinking but by next weekend ill forget how bad this feels and probably do it all over again

:roflmao::roflmao:

netminder1976
15-05-16, 21:31
Alcohol will only worsen your anxiety in the long run. I used to drink all the time to heal my anxiety and each morning was terrible.... So I would start drinking and feel better. I realized that I was self medicating and that the alcohol was making the problem worse. It may be fun at the time but the hangover and anxiety afterwards makes it not worth it. I decided it was a problem and haven't had a drop in 6 years.

MyNameIsTerry
16-05-16, 04:37
:roflmao::roflmao:

Laughing at the misfortune of others only shows us all what an unpleasant person you are.

It's not the first time you have upset a member on here though (a vulnerable on in who had gone into a secure support house) and I doubt your conscience is affected in the slightest.

A more appropriate medium for you would be somewhere like Twitter.

miserable git
17-05-16, 16:15
Laughing at the misfortune of others only shows us all what an unpleasant person you are.

It's not the first time you have upset a member on here though (a vulnerable on in who had gone into a secure support house) and I doubt your conscience is affected in the slightest.

A more appropriate medium for you would be somewhere like Twitter.

I laughed because it looked like a troll post I had no intention of causing "upset"

Also, please present some proof on how I upset a "vulnerable member" instead of spouting fictitious drivel.

Furthermore I may add demanding that a more appropriate medium for me would be twitter could be construed as insulting.

In short you are a complete hypocrite.

mufc1982
17-05-16, 18:58
What made you think it was a troll post?

MyNameIsTerry
17-05-16, 22:52
I laughed because it looked like a troll post I had no intention of causing "upset"

Also, please present some proof on how I upset a "vulnerable member" instead of spouting fictitious drivel.

Furthermore I may add demanding that a more appropriate medium for me would be twitter could be construed as insulting.

In short you are a complete hypocrite.

Try looking through your post history, it should take you less than a minute to find the member you put into tears.

Hypocrite? :roflmao: If you want to take it as an insult, that's fine by me, people taking their problems out on others is not something for a place like this but there are many other sites like Twitter where it's a daily occurrence.

I notice you couldn't even be bothered to apologise to the OP either.

miserable git
18-05-16, 20:45
Try looking through your post history, it should take you less than a minute to find the member you put into tears.

Hypocrite? :roflmao: If you want to take it as an insult, that's fine by me, people taking their problems out on others is not something for a place like this but there are many other sites like Twitter where it's a daily occurrence.

I notice you couldn't even be bothered to apologise to the OP either.

Oh what a surprise you present no proof.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

What made you think it was a troll post?

Well when you mentioned being able to drink 18 beers after you was already smashed.

mufc1982
18-05-16, 20:58
18 bottles from 8 ocklock till the early hours.i get drunk easily but then drink like a fish and get myself into a blubbering mess

Fishmanpa
18-05-16, 22:08
Here's one to remember....

"First you take a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes you."

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
18-05-16, 22:50
Oh what a surprise you present no proof.

---------- Post added at 20:45 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Well when you mentioned being able to drink 18 beers after you was already smashed.

Well you could just look at your own posts since there are so few which is how I would do it to post it. But feel free to continue to swerve it.

Let's hope no one does the same on your threads eh?

Still no apology I see. It's a two way thing in support places, it does you no favours acting like this as it's all people will see.

miserable git
19-05-16, 22:52
18 bottles from 8 ocklock till the early hours.i get drunk easily but then drink like a fish and get myself into a blubbering mess

Ah okay makes a bit more sense. Had I known I wouldn't of replied like I originally did.

georgewing
18-06-16, 06:17
Well alcohol dont help you ,in fact it agravate your problem with anxiety .Maybe when you are drunk you feel a more better detached from anxiety but this its not the solution because its break your self confidence easy by easy .Self confidence its very important to deal with anxiety beccause its make you love your person and to be a more optimistic person and you see the world in a more positive light

carmel24
19-06-16, 05:39
I get the same horrible anxiety the day after drinking. I rarely get full on wasted but when I do I like to go out and have "adventures"this end up putting me in a lot of places and situations I normally wouldnt be in. I have intense health anxiety and when I go out and drink I get bumps and bruises I cant explain, I hang around people I'd normally not hang around. today I ran everything through my head In fear that I got someones blood on me or what scratched me or this an that and bla bla bla. Its horrible.. But youre not alone.

Penrith
29-06-16, 17:28
18 bottles is a lot of beer. I used alcohol for my social phobia for years and ended up in a clinic to dry out as I got the DTs and believe me you don't want to go through that.
See your doctor and BE HONEST with him/her, he/she won't judge you, and he/she will be able to suggest treatments to alleviate your anxiety symptoms and conseqent drink problem. You may have to try a few different ones if one particular drug doesn't work, don't be afraid to go back and tell them it's not working. When you hit on a remedy that works don't drink alcohol as it can have weird consequences. I use 2mg lorazapam and one day I went to our local, had a few beers (4 or 5, NOT 18), I could not remember leaving or how I got home.When I got home I realized I was covered in mud and bruises. Never done it again.
Once again get to the docs. They will help.

---------- Post added at 16:28 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

I have had several episodes when the aftermath of a binge hits, it's not the hangover as normal people get but full on anxiety, heartbeat bouncing insdide my chest, trerrible tremors and sweats. Iv'e lain in bed all day making the excuse that I thought I was comind down with flu, it's wasted quite a few days doing that.