PDA

View Full Version : Please has anyone experienced this? Red, warm skin...Scared...

mila
01-05-16, 13:27
Hi all,

I am really worried about this and was wondering if anyone experienced this or has any idea... I am due to give birth any day now (few days over already...) and that is giving me enough panic, I cannot handle anything else!

I have been obsessed with my legs actually even more sunce they started swelling worrying about dvt and had then checked out for it many times cause I am so paranoid. But this is different although because the area is red and warm my first fear was what I have been fearing all along. First I had it several nights ago, i just suddenly noticed the area above my left knee and on top of knee itself felt like it's burning a little bit, like it is radiatong warmth and if I rub it it felt like skin is a bit burned. When I touched the skin it was warm compared to the other side. Not burning hot but nicely warm. And it seemed red compared to the other side. I freaked out, left it for a while without covering it and touching it and eventually, maybe half an hour later it felt normal again. It feels something like flushed cheek would, there is no pain or swelling or anything else there. So after it went away I tried to forget about it. Then last night after having a warm shower and a long day my legs were swollen as usual and I sat down to lift them up for a bit and rest them and I soon noticed the same warm feeling in the same area! Once I can forget about it but now two times was too much and I really panicked. It did go away again after an hour or so but I started reading google and see all kinds of awful things and now am constantly checking it is not coming back and worrying it will come back and that it is something horrible. I am too scared to even mention some of the things they talk about on google...I don't know what to do, I should be just focusing on giving birth now but this makes all the fears I had so much worse...

mila
01-05-16, 22:57
:weep:

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:59 ----------

Having the red warm knee again right now, I am losing it! Been wondering if it will start all day and yes it did! I was jyst resting with my feet up again when I started noticing it...now i really don't know what to do...

Fishmanpa
01-05-16, 23:08
No one can venture a guess I'm afraid. It's most likely associated with your pregnancy but if you're in discomfort and that concerned, it would be best to consult a doctor.

Positive thoughts

Elizabeth Fry
01-05-16, 23:26
If it helps my husband had dvt due to being in bed ill. He had a lot of pain as well as swelling. Doesn't sound like yours is the same. I agree with Fishnampa, ask for medical advice, it's your right to do so to set your mind at rest. Likely it is being in the late stages of pregnancy.