PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Serena
09-03-07, 20:31
:smile: Hi everyone. I'm over 50 and suffered from anxiety, depression and panic since I was a teenager. I'm much better generally but still have terrible panics sometimes, mainly on holiday (particularly abroad ) and when recovering from illness eg coughs, colds and flu. I find that lots of things help a bit. I find yoga , aromatherapy, CBT and acupuncture particularly helpful at the moment. I'm very confused about medication. I'm on Sertraline but have found that antidepressants have given me horrific anxiety/panic when you start or change them, which no-one ever warned me about. Interested to know if anyone else had similar experiences.

Jaco45er
09-03-07, 20:50
Hi Serena

New myself but welcome to the forum. Interesting you say about holidays and travel abroad, I tend to suffer more when on holiday or travelling abroad. Apart from that and Monday's I usually have it all under wraps.

I never did get on well with SSRI meds, I gave up after 6 weeks, but exercise seemed to be the key for me with regards to coping with anxiety and panic.

Never tried CBT due to it being unavailable in my area, but I hear it works wonders.

Take Care

Jaco

manmoor
09-03-07, 21:49
Hi Serena,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

kittykat
10-03-07, 14:46
hi there Serena,

Welcome to the site.

Take care

shirley xx

Piglet
10-03-07, 15:15
A big welcome to you :D

Piglet :flowers:

Pink Princess
10-03-07, 16:00
hey welcome to the site, hope you get good support here. take kare x x x

nomorepanic
10-03-07, 16:26
Hi Serena

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope you get some great advice and support on here.

trac67
14-03-07, 11:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

wobily_lin
15-03-07, 08:16
Elo Serena,
Welcome to the site..great support n advice here..glad to have ye on board x

Lindalou64
16-03-07, 21:23
WELCOME SERENA,
TO SPEAK FOR MYSELF YES I SEEM WORSE ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS ....IVE TRIED FOR 18 YRS NOTHING HAS HELPED MEANING ANTIDEPRESSANTS......SO I JUST GO WITH THE FLOW GOOD AND BAD DAYS BUT I WISH YA THE BEST........LINDA