PDA

View Full Version : Is this epilepsy

Dianepine
09-03-07, 21:32
Evening, just wondering if someone could help me. I have suffered from anixety for a few years now it was a fear of having a heart attack or some heart problem. Anyway the last week ten days I have been suffering bad with server to mild dizzyness with a slight jumpey feeling inside now and again I will have a slight twitch ( which I am aware of ), I did suffer from epilepsy many years ago which was very mild and contol with mild drugs. If I had to compare what the epilepsy feelings were like when I was a child to now I can see some things that are the same but when I have the odd feeling now I can snap myself out of it.
I saw my GP about this last Friday and he belives it to be anxiety related but im not so sure, I really cant cope with this anymore I thought I was getting better then BANG knock down again. Please please HELP me.

Thanks

Diane xxxx

eeyorelover
10-03-07, 00:51
Hi hun :)
Sorry that you are having such a hard time right now!!!
I know that I have seen lots of posts on here from people who have muscle twitches and I have had them from time to time.
My son has epilepsy since he was 3 and I can tell you that if it were seizures you probably wouldn't even be aware that it is happening.
The twitching kind of seizure that you are talking about is more of a drop seizure and I have seen my son have them too many times to count!! He had no clue that he had even had one afterward and would just continue doing whatever he was doing before it happened.
Muscle twitches for people like us with anxiety can be from plain old muscle tension.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:
xxx
Sandy

amberbear
26-03-07, 16:37
hi i am 38 and epileptic, if you had epilepsy as a child its very unusal that you will have it as a adult , my aniexty and panick attacks have never brought on my epilepsy , even though i do take medication for it and i am well controlled . if it is worrying you tell your doctor that you want a eeg test and that should put your mind at rest if you need to talk my msn is lisa_lush2004@hotmail.co.uk

Dianepine
26-03-07, 18:30
Cheers guys for you reply XX