PDA

View Full Version : Lumps on legs

StarsDie
02-05-16, 03:57
Does anyone have random lumps on their legs that don't seem to be lipomas or cysts but more like pockets of fluid or scar tissue?

I developed 3 lumps on my left leg months back and had an ultrasound come back completely fine. I have been very afraid of something like sarcoma. Does an ultrasound rule out sarcoma? Is it likely to just be something totally benign?

Fishmanpa
02-05-16, 12:57
Does an ultrasound rule out sarcoma? Is it likely to just be something totally benign?

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

An ultrasound would have shown anything of concern and in the 3 months since you first noticed this, there would have been a noticeable progression.

Positive thoughts

katniss
02-05-16, 19:42
I got these about 6 years ago and still have them. But I'm not sure if it's the same thing as you. It's literally a bubble on the lrg but inside the skin. If you press on it feels like air or liquid. So weird to describe. I got it checked out and Dr said it was nothing. I still have them. I just never thought about them again

StarsDie
02-05-16, 21:25
Two of the lumps are just like that. One however, feels like a "knot". So possibly scar tissue.

Mogwog
03-05-16, 14:33
Yes I have a very weird one on my leg too , it feels like its filed with air, mentioned it to Dr about 3yrs ago and she wasn't worried ( I really trust her) my hubby has loads of lipomas and they all feel different depending on where they are located.x

StarsDie
04-05-16, 03:40
Thanks for the responses.

I just worried because it came around a time that I've been coming down with a bunch of other physical issues.