PDA

View Full Version : Terrified I have cervical/ovarian cancer

Emily92
02-05-16, 15:29
Hi, Im just looking for some reassurance really as my health anxiety has been driving me crazy for the last couple of weeks. IM 23 years old, had a baby via cesarean section four months ago and terrified I have cervical cancer. I have light bleeding within discharge and slight abdominal pain. I had the hpv vaccines when I was 16, but unsure if that means anything. I feel stupid for even posting this, but in terrified and waiting to see a doctor. I just want to know if it's all in my head. I had an ultrasound about two months ago and that was all normal, but the doctor has not done a smear test as I'm under 25.

nikita
02-05-16, 15:32
Hi Emily. I am not a doctor but I would doubt very much that you have it. Light bleeding with discharge is normal after a baby. I had that for almost a year afterwards and like you I was scared but it was fine. Nothing showed up in your ultrasound. You are suffering from anxiety, which is very normal.

WiseMonkey
03-05-16, 02:59
A pap smear is usually part of the natal check-up whatever age you are. I now that the UK has this ridiculous 25 year law! The ultrasound scan of the ovaries means that they're fine.
I doubt you have anything going on with your cervix plus you've had the HPV vaccine.
You could pay and go privately for a pap smear.